Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does telling the size and height of each model help you?

I do find it helpful, but the other day I was kind of annoyed by it because all the models in the show were the same height.  When they present a skirt, dress, or skort, I'd like to see where it would fall on the leg of someone my height, but none of the models were my height.  So, I guess it's helpful if they have a variety of models in the show of various heights and sizes.  When they're all 5'9" in heels and wearing extra small, I don't find it necessary to keep repeating that information.

Honored Contributor

@lizzief wrote:

I’m finding it a bit silly and repetitive to constantly ask the models what size they are wearing, especially since they usually use the same models throughout the show and we already know most of them are extra extra small - that’s why they are models! Or if you watch for any length of time, you know Jacque is a large, etc. Height is helpful with pants to see how they fall, but again, most of the models we know are tall - duh. People used to complain because Lisa R, would frequently say she is extra extra small, but now everyone does it! I personally find it repetitive, unhelpful and unnecessary, just my two cents. Maybe it helps fill the time, it’s difficult to talk for hours! 

Actually I watch so little QVC on tv that I don't know any of the model names (much less their sizes) like a lot of people here do.  So when I do watch something, it's good that they give that info.

Respected Contributor

When selling pants I wish they would tell the model's inseam. Height means nothing as 2 people can be the same height but 1 can wear a regular and the other may need a tall or petite. Also, the majority of the models pants are too short anyway.

Respected Contributor

I do find it useful to know the models sizes. However when they don’t cover a wide range of body sizes and heights it can have limited usefulness.

Honored Contributor

I just wish they could show the height and size next to each model on the screen... so the hosts could quit asking them this over and over again..... what a waste of time to have to ask each model and then wait for the UNMICROPHONED model to say something back we can not hear anyway..... geeeezzzzzz!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I just wish they could show the height and size next to each model on the screen... so the hosts could quit asking them this over and over again..... what a waste of time to have to ask each model and then wait for the UNMICROPHONED model to say something back we can not hear anyway..... geeeezzzzzz!!!!!!

@SeaMaiden: You've hit the nail on the head! I feel the same way. Once the host asked the model their size (the first time) it would be more efficient (and less redundant) to post the size info on the screen. Otherwise, it can get annoying. Smiley Frustrated 

Honored Contributor

Absolutly not !!! there is no model that they have that even comes close to my body type----Most are tall and tiny--I am not---I just need the measurments. I think most of them wear a size too small anyway. Thats why I don't buy clothes online--need to go try stuff on first.

Respected Contributor

I find it very helpful.  What would be even more helpful would be if they said something like "Susie is normally a size Medium but in this particular blouse, a Large worked better for her" or "Kate wears an Extra Large but found that a Medium fit her better because the style is a little oversized."

I do agree with the inseam issue that someone else mentioned.  Two people can be 5'8" but if one has a really long trunk and short legs, and the other has a very short waist and long legs, the Tall pants will certainly look different on the two models.

Super Contributor

I think the majority of folks find it helpful....I personally do not - I already know my size and know what will look good on me because lord knows, we all have different figures, so knowing a model's outfit size doesn't help me any....but some need that info.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@lizzief 

If the hosts didn't repeat the models sizing info...these boards would literally explode.

Having spent a long time reading the threads, it is a constant complaint post if that info doesn't get stated.

It must help some people.

Honestly, not me.  As others mentioned, there is no 5'3" model shaped like a tree trunk, with a VERY short torso and VERY long legs who wears a small.  LOL  I match no one.

While their are some petite models my height, our body types are totally different and I never wear petites.

So, no, it doesn't help me but it is requested over and over that the info. be given.