Trusted Contributor

Does telling the size and height of each model help you?

I’m finding it a bit silly and repetitive to constantly ask the models what size they are wearing, especially since they usually use the same models throughout the show and we already know most of them are extra extra small - that’s why they are models! Or if you watch for any length of time, you know Jacque is a large, etc. Height is helpful with pants to see how they fall, but again, most of the models we know are tall - duh. People used to complain because Lisa R, would frequently say she is extra extra small, but now everyone does it! I personally find it repetitive, unhelpful and unnecessary, just my two cents. Maybe it helps fill the time, it’s difficult to talk for hours! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Does telling the size and height of each model help you?

While you may find it repetitive, it might be helpful to new shoppers or other shoppers who need that info.

Honored Contributor

@lizzief wrote:

I’m finding it a bit silly and repetitive to constantly ask the models what size they are wearing, especially since they usually use the same models throughout the show and we already know most of them are extra extra small - that’s why they are models! Or if you watch for any length of time, you know Jacque is a large, etc. Height is helpful with pants to see how they fall, but again, most of the models we know are tall - duh. People used to complain because Lisa R, would frequently say she is extra extra small, but now everyone does it! I personally find it repetitive, unhelpful and unnecessary, just my two cents. Maybe it helps fill the time, it’s difficult to talk for hours! 

I think it is very helpful and I do not understand why all hosts don't do this.

Frequent Contributor

I also find this very helpful in purchasing  a size.  As long as the models and hosts are not upset with this, which they ALL seem to be willing to tell, it is very helpful. I luv watching Leah. She is such a source of information on a product, especially tellinng size,petite or regular, etc.  Personally, I thank the gorgeous models and hosts for using this method of telling a size of product.

Respected Contributor

While it may be a way to see how it might fit on your body, they dont do enough models who are in mediums, larges or 1x or 2x. I see a lot of xxs or xs or large but nothing in between. Sometimes they sqeeze a model into a large when she would look better in a xl or 1x. Also they are mostly over 5'8 

Its hard for me to decide on jeans because I am pear shaped and 5'6 size 6 and they dont have a model like that on the Q so ordering jeans is a gamble. Not all size 6 fits within d&c, Martha Stewart, and Laurie Felt.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Super Contributor

If QVC had that many new shoppers their earnings might not be down. I don't believe that get many new shoppers, especially the millennials (the target audience). I would agree, not needed to ask so often size and height. FYI - Jacque is NOT a large. 

Honored Contributor

@lizzief  Everyone does not watch all the time and like me might just be checking to see what is being presented so repeating information is most definitely needed.

Valued Contributor

I have seen Jacque in large quite often.

Honored Contributor

@lizzief   Not all of a potentially millions of viewers across the country are all watching at the same time, or even watch regularly. 

I think it's very important.

Even though I am a regular watcher on TV or online product videos, often it has helped me a great deal to see if the typical size on the model looks especially tight in a specific clothing item.  Or, the style in their normal size looks a little large.  I have gone up or down a size depending on the model fit, and coupled with the measurements online, I rarely return clothing because of sizing issues. 

To your example, Jacque is always a large, but is often squeezed into clothes that are very tight on her.  I hate wearing tight clothes, so I know to adjust accordingly so the fit is how I like to wear my clothes. I wear my clothes the way Leah wears her clothes, draping on the body nicely (now that she has started wearing a better size for her smaller figure).  I never wear skin tight clothes (unless they are skinny jeans].

Honored Contributor

I've shopped here for 25 years and I always appreciate when they ask the models what their height and sizes are!

Every style of clothing can fit differently.

As a matter of fact, this is something that the majority of QVC shoppers have requested!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.