Trusted Contributor

Re: Does anyone think that "new" posters are paid to create in interest in a product?

I really don't think new posters are paid to stir up interest in a product, however I do think that companies and vendors have their friends post reviews. It's just too obvious. One review will criticize anaspect of a product And then coincidentally the next review contradicts the criticism. And a lot Of five star Reviews for one time Reviewers on beauty products as another poster noted. Makes me take reviews with a grain of salt
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone think that "new" posters are paid to create in interest in a product?

@on the bayI doubt that they are.  I say that because there are so many anti-new poster comments made over the years that I think it would be a waste of money to use that method to attract new buyers.  I'd prefer to think the newbies are just looking for a way to enter the group and asking a question is a long-accepted way to start a conversation with a stranger.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops-

Thats something I hadnt thought ofSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

No.

Esteemed Contributor

I am paid $25 per post.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have no doubt there are plenty of planted posters here but not necessarily by QVC.  In the case of asking about what a host is wearing, 9 times out of 10 what a host is wearing isn't from QVC so that wouldn't benefit the Q at all.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I am paid $25 per post.

LOL @Johnnyeager

what are your connections and where do i sign up? Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:
I really don't think new posters are paid to stir up interest in a product, however I do think that companies and vendors have their friends post reviews. It's just too obvious. One review will criticize anaspect of a product And then coincidentally the next review contradicts the criticism. And a lot Of five star Reviews for one time Reviewers on beauty products as another poster noted. Makes me take reviews with a grain of salt

@Steffdoggy10  I agree with the "hired reviews" part.  I do think some vendors have their friends, social media followers, or blog followers submit reviews sometimes.  I was reading reviews just this morning of a product that for a long time received low to average reviews.  All of a sudden the there are loads of 5-star reviews, and most all of those statements are one or two sentences.  I just thought that was very interesting.  So the item overall rating went from something like a 2.9 rating to 4.5 in a week or so.  Hmmmm. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think QVC plants posters,  but if they do , I am willing to change my name and post away-----WHERE DO I SIGN UP??

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I am paid $25 per post.

@Johnnyeager  Gee that is too bad,  because I am getting $35 per post.