Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone think that "new" posters are paid to create in interest in a product?

The impact one new poster's inquiry has on the rest of us is nil, especially since they so often use a rude or demanding tone when they ask.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone think that "new" posters are paid to create in interest in a product?

Not at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's overthinking something no one can prove. Agree with poster who said she's not influenced that easily, even if poster tries to create interest in specific product. People making conversation is what majority of our posting is about, IMO. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@on the bay

You're thinking too hard. 

Esteemed Contributor

No, I don't think QVC is seeding the QVC boards, otherwise known as astroturfing, to try and create a grassroots discussion or demand for an item. I do think that they are using their facebook platform to shill stuff via their hosts QVC pages or their own QVC facebook page.

Esteemed Contributor

I think a lot of new posters are actually old posters.

Valued Contributor

I don’t discount the untech savvy either. Lots of people don’t know how to search for things and were lucky enough to just get to a message board to ask someone.
Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

I think a lot of new posters are actually old posters.

This is an interesting comment @qbetzforreal . Last weekend was one of the most friendly two days on these Forums in the 1 1/2 years that I've been here on a regular basis. It was fun, light-hearted and everyone was in great humor. 

I usually do not notice posters name until after reading their comments and never pay attention to the length of time they have been here or the "rank" deal. However, one poster wrote that she had been "lurking for a very long time, but finally wanted to comment since the conversations were not full of anger and conflict."  She/he made a short quick comment and left. I have no idea who she/he was. (I was so surprised that someone "lurking" noticed the in-fighting. But also realized what fun we were having last weekend and wanted to make a quick comment. It was a nice gesture on her/his part.) I do hope I hearted the comment, but not even sure if that was accomplished in my surprise. 

Anyway, we certainly had a great time Saturday and Sunday. Others did notice how kind all posters were and comments were made on here. I mentioned it to Beth in a correspondence with her. We need to let the Mods know when things go really well.

Yes, I did notice names last weekend that I haven't seen before (or since) . . . but I have no idea if they were new people or not. Just know if was an unusually fun time on these forums. I laughed everytime I would sign on! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

No, I do not think that any posters are paid to create interest in a QVC product.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I agree with the majority on this.   I definitely do not think QVC  does this.

Is it a thing?  Sure.  Do some companies do this?  Absolutely.   

But not here.   I also recall the crabcake people and a couple other incidences that caused QVC to cut ties.

There are always going to be people who come here to ask questions the answers to which they could find online in a hot second.   That is the 'thing' that happens here, and it's not just brand new posters.