Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone think that "new" posters are paid to create in interest in a product?

No, I don't think so.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone think that "new" posters are paid to create in interest in a product?

@on the bay wrote:

It just begins to seem too much of a coincidence that there are so many of these questions from new posters.

I'm begnning to think they are put there by the vendor or even QVC to create interest or see if people are interested.

Also its not like they can't find things any less than anyone here!

@on the bay

I thought that more than a few times myself ... sometimes things are just too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence.  

Honored Contributor

No, it has never even entered my mind.

We were all first/new posters.

Maybe what you are seeing is interest in QVC. I know I have turned on a lot of people at work to QVC. Some never heard of it; others thought they would not like to watch a 24/7 shopping network. But each time they comment on something I have or wear, and ask where I got it, these days the answer is almost always QVC. So they are starting to check it out as a place to purchase.

Sometimes you hear David mention that there were "x" amount of first-time shoppers during his program. If my memory is correct, he has said something like 250 new shoppers in one of his shows. That is a lot of new people for one particular program. And if they are happy with whatever it was they purchased, then I think it is nice they are sharing their positive results with the item.

Don't overthink it and read more into seeing a new poster. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I think so.  Often their questions are about the TSV.  Just another way to get your attention.

Esteemed Contributor

I highly doubt it.

Honored Contributor

Not sure, but there seems to be more posts on the topic.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

So many "new" and "occasional" contributors ask about fashion, beauty shown on a model or presenter or host and want to know if anyone knows the item number or where to find it.

It just begins to seem too much of a coincidence that there are so many of these questions from new posters.

I'm begnning to think they are put there by the vendor or even QVC to create interest or see if people are interested.

Also its not like they can't find things any less than anyone here!

Interesting.

I think it is an interesting thought too...could be that q has picked up a lot of new shoppers with its new acquisitions and advertising.

Trusted Contributor

I do not think new people on here are being paid.  Some people nowadays are looking for quick answers without doing much research.  Much simpler to create a post than to type in keywords to search for older posts for answers.

Honored Contributor

I shopped QVC for many years before I even knew this board existed.  I joined here after Jane Treacy closed her forum when she returned to QVC.  Hers was the first forum in which I participated.  Currently this is the only place I post.

Esteemed Contributor

After reading the forums for about 10 years, I think there are some who come here to promote products, companies, or services.  Seems like the most obvious have been in Beauty.  They posted that the cosmetics company sent them freebies or they posted links to their YouTube channels.  Others aren't so transparent but there are patterns. I always got the impression that it was the vendor's (or former host's) peeps doing it rather than something orchestrated by Q, though.