Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone know WHY deliveries are so slow?

Very, very little is sent directly from a vendor, those categories being food and large appliances,  primarily.

The reason for the enormous warehouses are the stocking of garments, makeup and skincare, Temptations, LocknLock and countless other categories. 

My experience is that the issue is harbored within those Qurate operated distribution points.

Trusted Contributor

We have a right to complain about something bordering on fraud.  Don't make us out to be horrible people.   No one is more grateful to the military, the police and those who died for our freedom.  I do have a right to complain about pretending something is available and then finding out it's going to be shipped in a month.   Learn about business practices and if you don't like our comments go to another thread.  

Trusted Contributor

Well then why are my other online orders so speedy?   And if something happens where an item can't be delivered (rarely) they have the integrity to inform me snd give me the option to cancel?    It is not like comparing two different things.   I am comparing them to other online ordering.   

Contributor

I think I'm done shopping on the Q.  I just found a package on my porch, sopping wet.  The order says "processing".  The product was wrapped like garbage, and I've had enough.  I have one more order coming and that will most likely be the last.  

Trusted Contributor

I ordered a Radley tote the other day.  It shipped by UPS to my area, arriving yesterday.  Today, my package was transferred to the USPS, which means it will sit at a distribution center for days.  That happens consistently with UPS to USPS transfers here.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Stray wrote:
My latest order is visiting Canada.

@Stray   Canada?

@proudlyfromNJ another poster informed me that it's Ontario California.  I am in NJ as well and I think my order went to Va & then Ontario 

@Stray  Shipping has been horrendous so I wouldn't be surprised where your order went. Grew up in Monmouth County 

@proudlyfromNJ  I grew up Hudson and now live in Bergen.  Grub hub voted NJ as best place to live.  Maybe we just eat a lot lol 

Contributor

I understand there is a worldwide issue with the Global Supply Chain. BUT when I order something on clearance (and QVC says the item is on clearance as there are not enough on hand) that item should not take over 5 weeks to reach me. It is extremely frustrating to go to your orders only to see a blank screen, no "in progress" absolutely nothing and short of making a call and waiting very long hold times to speak to a rep all you can do is wait.  No one is forceing me or anyone else to buy from QVC and as a customer for close to 33 years I've begun to change my mind from ordering. I am not a child of "instant gratification" but items should not take 2+ weeks from order to delivery. Just my 5 cents!

Respected Contributor

Re: Do anyone know WHY deliveries are so slow?

I laugh at QVC sometimes.  When I want something delivered quickly it take awhile.  Something I do not care when it arrives - it arrives within a couple of days.  I decided a long time ago that speed of delivery is about the efficiency of the warehouse where product is stored.  

Esteemed Contributor

@jbach wrote:

@depglass wrote:

Is it the integration of QVC and HSN warehouses?  Is it because they don't want to pay overtime?  I have to admit the shipping on my orders is getting much better.  Returns, however, are still a problem.

IDK but it's getting pretty darn tiresome...I'm thinking Pony Express?

I've even paid extra for Express shipping and it's STILL a ******-shoot whether it gets to me quickly or not! Not a pleasant shopping experience lately, for sure!

@jbach   I actually think it is The Turtle Express.   

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@jlrbr wrote:
I'd like to see the Q gutted, and reorganized. There's no way any item should be in process for a month. Poor, sloppy customer service as far as shipping. Any item should be out the door in 48 hours. The Q seems complete unconcerned about shipping out items. It's sell sell sell. Well, you need more ship ship ship.

@jlrbr   You're making comments when you obviously know nothing about the current world-wide transportation and manufacturing situations.  It has nothing to do with sloppy service by anyone; it's just the way the international trade is now, especially for new merchandise.  I ordered a pair of older Ryka clearance shoes this week and they shipped in 24 hours.  Do you call that sloppy customer service?

I've been waiting 3 weeks for an order from Woman Within which, as an online service with no storefront, operates like QVC. We are just going to have to readjust our expectations. 

If you would have bumped up your shipping you would not be baby sitting for three weeks....I get ALL my orders in two days and they MOVE.  I'm quite willing to spend a few more dollars to not have to play policeman with my orders...just sayin'