Occasional Contributor

Re: Does anyone know WHY deliveries are so slow?

Placed order on May 1st, still haven't received it.  This is beyond ridiculous!   Also placed an order on May 14, still showing "preparing your order".    

Valued Contributor

I waited 11 days for my grandaughter to recieve her gift from us.yes,it was so late and I was embarrased! Today I am still waiting on an order of nuts from Squirrel Brand.Its been   9 days and it has been on tv twice,that I have seen it.  Whats going on? other shippers do not seem to have this problem.My suggestion,is if you need something right away you should not count on QVC to get it!!

Super Contributor

@laluzdelmundo wrote:

My favorite new message from QVC that appears randomly when I click on track package:

"Hmm, something went wrong. Try again, or contact Customer Service at 888-345-5788."

It never goes away. If I want any information on shipping or delivery status, I have to make the phone call.

THAT is my main pet peeve. I did sign up for UPS and USPS for service tracking and informed delivery but those two aren't any help if you don't have a tracking number! Forget calling, sometimes the wait time is way too long. 

Super Contributor

@Kachina624  Amazon doesn't have a storefront and they have no problem delivering items in one or two days after ordering.  You just don't understand the e-commerce world obviously and no matter who the retailer is, they need to get it together if they want to retain their customer base.

Honored Contributor

Some years ago, Amazon was given preferential treatment by both the USPS and UPS.   No other corporation has the privileges they do.  That's why they can ship faster, they have an unfair advantage. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I remember last year when COVID was just getting started they consolidated a couple of warehouses and laid off hundreds of people.  I wonder if they ever called them back now that things are getting better.  Maybe they're still short staffed in the shipping & warhouse departments etc. A few weeks ago I talked to a C/S rep & asked why some orders ship so much faster than others & she replied that it depended on which warehouse that item was coming from.  

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Some years ago, Amazon was given preferential treatment by both the USPS and UPS.   No other corporation has the privileges they do.  That's why they can ship faster, they have an unfair advantage. 

No, they weren't.  They NEGOTIATED a contract with each shipping company like a smart business model suggests.   QVC has been in business way too long to have such pathetic shipping.  NO excuse. 

Contributor

Not enough truck drivers for long haul driving. Warehouse employees are quitting bc they're getting paid more to stay home & collect government checks. Restaurants have been through so much the past 15 months & now servers are also getting their handouts. Every online site is dealing with delays; not just QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

My latest order is visiting Canada.
Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:
My latest order is visiting Canada.

@Stray   Canada?