Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone know WHY deliveries are so slow?

@Sooner   I mentioned the FTC because Federal agencies recommend potential legislation to Congress based on need and comments they receive. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I think I have seven different items in the preparation stage.  They should have been shipped by now.  There is nothing I need so much that I have to go through this aggravation on a routine basis.  Everyone should anticipate that Christmas in July and then actual October, November and December shipping will be horrendous.  

Valued Contributor

Ah-ha...the perenial shipping/delivery issue which for some practically brings on a headache caused by jaw clenching. I can't resist chiming in, against my better judgement.

My purely annecdotal experience has been: HSN ships pretty darn fast in contrast to our beloved QVC. I looked at my 5 HSN orders since 4/20/21 and everything was out the door in basically a day, 2 at the most. I received all items in less than 1 week.  I have noticed certain home and patio goods originating from QVC's Ontario, CA, warehouse are shipped fairly quickly and the only delay is when they arrive here in AZ which seems to add at least 3 days to delivery time (tho not in the case of HSN shipped items). This delayed AZ delivery time does not extend to HSN's UPS or USPS shipping. I think there's a Random Weirdness dome that hovers over QVC yet I continue to order. Maybe I enjoy twisting in the wind while waiting for items?

Spoiler
Spoiler

Valued Contributor

My favorite new message from QVC that appears randomly when I click on track package:

"Hmm, something went wrong. Try again, or contact Customer Service at 888-345-5788."

It never goes away. If I want any information on shipping or delivery status, I have to make the phone call.

Super Contributor

I realize things are slow moving but its been six days since I placed my order and it just shipped from the west coast yesterday .. I am on the east coast.. I doubt if I will see my order before the end of this week.. so disappointing

Respected Contributor

It's not just QVC. I ordered from Woman Within over 2 wks ago, still no order. It usually only takes about a week for an order. I had an email from them saying delivery time might be longer than expected. No reason given. I think the pandemic has lots of things delayed. 

Frequent Contributor

The must be selling things they do not have. Candace Cameron things ..I have been waiting 2 weeks still in my cart.. I'm going to call and cancel I guess. I can go to the stores now

Super Contributor

@jlrbr completely agree!!!  What a disorganized mess of a company!

They are so good at pushing the sales and telling everyone, remember free exchanges ... but when the items take weeks to get to you, why even bother!!!  

Also, cannot get my head around the fact that THEY CHARGE INSANE AMOUNTS FOR SHIPPING AND "HANDLING", yet they are literally the slowest retailer around and everywhere else I shop has free shipping and 95% have free returns.  It's 2021, get with it!!!  

No more orders from me for the summer.  I primarily buy beauty items and I'm all stocked up from other retailers for the warm months.  

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 No, sorry, but overall consumer expectations are that we get things fast.  Yes there can be some transportation issues, but why is it that I can get things in two days from Nordstrom, Target, Sephora, the list goes on, without ANY problems, yet a lip gloss from QVC takes three weeks!  They have major problems!

Honored Contributor

@minimalistWF   Merchants that have storefronts where they must have goods on hand to sell, operate differently from an online retailer.  It's like comparing apples and monkeys. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment