Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone know WHY deliveries are so slow?

I think it depends on the Vendor.  I have been getting everything pretty fast.  It has been nice!

Super Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I ordered a shirt that should have arrived last week - it is irritating and we should be allowed to cancel if the order does not ship in a timely manner.  

The item has now shipped but I cannot track it.

The tracking is what I don't understand. I had a few orders with the free shipping day and 2 I could track, but the last one I get an error that it cannot be tracked. I live where the deer and antelope play and my mailbox is down the road from my house. It is helpful to know when a package will arrive so I can keep a lookout for it. 

This tracking error thing has been going on for a couple of weeks. I can deal with slow shipping, but not the tracking. 

Esteemed Contributor

Since QVC switched a few years ago to a fulfillment model that mainly relies on third-party vendors to process and ship items, timeframes have slowed significantly in many categories but continue to be quick and reliable in others. It's all very dependent on the individual vendors, and there have been many (understandable) delays over the past year due to staffing and supply chain issues.

For example, based on the comments in the forums as well as my own experience, almost all fashion items are slow to be processed and shipped regardless of whether they're QVC brands or other brands, but home and kitchen items are typically quick. Last week, I ordered a top, and it has been in "Preparing Your Order" status ever since—initially, I was excited when it jumped from "In Process" in just one day, but it hasn't moved since then. In contrast, the five orders I placed for home and kitchen items on Sunday have all shipped and are set for delivery by the end of the week.

Esteemed Contributor

@FS74 - If you haven't done so already, I highly recommend signing up for USPS Informed Delivery and UPS MyChoice (and FedEx Delivery Manager, if you get things via FedEx) so you will always be up to date about packages headed to your address. All of these services are free, easy to sign up for, and provide proactive delivery updates and notifications:

USPS: https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action
UPS: https://www.ups.com/us/en/services/tracking/mychoice.page
FedEx: https://www.fedex.com/en-us/delivery-manager.html

And if you're interested, you could choose to sign up for UPS MyChoice Premium, which allows you to automatically have SurePost packages delivered via UPS without the handoff to the USPS. It costs $19.99 per year, but if you have a lot of packages coming via this service, it could be worth the cost to receive your deliveries a bit more quickly. (You also have the option of upgrading individual packages, but that gets expensive pretty quickly.)

Super Contributor

Perhaps you are unaware of what is going on in the world presently. Because of the pandemic it is difficult to get manufacturers to make items and shippers to get the merchandise out of the warehouses. There have been multiple posts on this issue. Consider yourself lucky that you receive your ordered item. Otherwise , you can shop in any store. pick up what ever you desire immediately at anystore.
Esteemed Contributor

My delivery was fast, but it was wrong.

Absolutely nothing to do with "world transportation" issues.  (That tired old warhorse of an excuse needs to be retired.)

Just faulty work at QVC.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

Is it the integration of QVC and HSN warehouses?  Is it because they don't want to pay overtime?  I have to admit the shipping on my orders is getting much better.  Returns, however, are still a problem.

Answer:   The USPS with new policies/guidelines put into place by new PostMaster General, Louis DeJoy. 

And I saw on the news that he has newer policies/guidelines to put into place in the future that will further slow down the USPS.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

My delivery was fast, but it was wrong.

Absolutely nothing to do with "world transportation" issues.  (That tired old warhorse of an excuse needs to be retired.)

Just faulty work at QVC.

There are delivery delays from all the carriers.

But there are also processing delays and errors from QVC.

And unfortunately, sometimes there are both for the same order.

Super Contributor

No, but it's is ridiculous!  

Contributor

So they shipped the readers and the shoes that I had canceled and I received them via UPS in 2 days.  It is interesting that after I canceled both items and received confirmation by email that they were canceled, they were able to get my ordered processed, shipped and on my doorstep in 5 days and that included a weekend.