Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone else hate 24 hour events ?

@MW in Iowa Doesn't matter to me whether I don't want to watch for 24 hours or for 2 hours here and there.

I don't like shopping when I am not thinking about buying something - everything I don't want or need looks boring to me then. 

Esteemed Contributor

In my opinion they lose viewers.  That is what kept us all glued to the TV when they started.  Lots of variety all day long.  

Esteemed Contributor

Because I like jewelry I tune in briefly throughout the day. I sold most

of my fine jewelry, kept  the pieces I wear the most.

No intetest in more fine jewelry. Treated myself to a pair of 

2 CT tw Moissanite stud earrings in rose gold. Gorgeous and a great 

price!

Honored Contributor

Yeah, 24 hrs dedicated to one product is overkill .

Each host has to take her turn.

Present at midnight and once or twice till next midnight.

Respected Contributor

Well, I suppose I am in the minority, because watching all the jewelry shows takes me back to the good old days of QVC when jewelry was one of the top sale items, and the designs and the prices were fantastic.

BTW, nothing is 24 hours anymore, as they do repeat shows during the early morning hours.  Thank goodness, because I used to stay up all night every once in a while!

items are selling out, so they must be doing okay with sales today.  I did like seeing some of the very expensive items, like the gold cuff, etc.

Sorry ladies, anymore a few thousand or less is almost like costume jewelry in the fine jewelry world these days.  Prices are sky-high on QVC, but much worse everywhere else.  I ordered one item (thin gold Figaro chain  ) and waitlisted another (yes, Amy's new yellow diamond ring, just for the fun of it, to see if I love it as much as she does).  The ultrafine silver circle necklace was a great price for gift-giving.

But in these times of the Internet, there is never a reason to have one's shopping limited by what is on the television. 

However, I have been watching Michele Lau for decades as she moved from channel to channel, so it is nice to see her with a lot of air time today.  I guess she has found her niche and is happy.

When the nonstop food and technology comes back I will be off!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't mind the all-day focus on one area.  When I first encountered QVC 'way back in their early days, one of their big, popular promotions -- and some of the best events I saw (and purchased from) -- were the fashion days and jewelry days.  They were popular events with so many sell-outs that I remember having to quickly decide if I wanted an item.  As others have said, it also lets us know if we might want to skip a day if the focus doesn't interest us. 😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@MW in Iowa Hahaha! I only like it when it's Holiday or Kitchen, etc. So, that's why I love watching Q2 when I don't like what's on QVC. There was a fair mix of items on Q2 today.

Respected Contributor

@MW in Iowa To answer your question, no, 24-hour events don't bother me a bit. It actually helps me to know if I want to tune in or not. I prefer all day events, I know that whenever I tune in that day it will be the type of items for the event. If I'm not interested on that day, I just don't watch. There are many days I don't even turn the TV to QVC, I have plenty else to do. 

I do have to note that I use to love all day jewelry events, I would tune in first thing in the morning and check often, I didn't want to miss anything. I purchased many pieces. These days, I like to see what's offered but I generally already have the same thing, just a slightly different version. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm basicly a fashion shopper so I do like the 24 hr fashion shows but I am definetly not a 24 hr jewelry show watcher so I saved money today !   For those who spent thousands on diamonds and pearls enjoy you purchase. 

Honored Contributor

i dont mind them at all!

if it is something i am interested in then i will check into QVC at various times to see if anything interests me.

if it is something i am NOT interested in then i know i will be QVC free for 24 hours.

Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein