Regular Contributor

Does anyone else feel like just a couple weeks ago they were promoting Christmas in July

Where has the time gone!!!!!!!!  Can't believe it is this close to Christmas.  Not sure if it is our mild weather or what but I haven't finished decorating my main tree yet let alone put up/decorate the other four smaller ones.  I don't think I'm even going to bother at this point.  I did order some fresh greenery so will have to do something with that.

Is everyone else in the Christmas spirit and decorating?

Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone else feel like just a couple weeks ago they were promoting Christmas in July

Sadly, I've noticed that the weeks fly by a lot faster as I get older. Maybe that's why I still feel like I'm 50. 

Woman Very Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: Does anyone else feel like just a couple weeks ago they were promoting Christmas in July

It does seem like it is coming up quickly!  I remember when I was a child and it felt like it took FOREVER for Christmas to get here!

Honored Contributor

This year has flown by, way too fast. Hard to believe Christmas is 17 days away. I have my decorating done, that's about it as far as being prepared. Thank goodness I have cut down on some of the gifting of the past. Haven't done any baking at all yet, but will start that in a big way next week.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Time surely does go faster as we get older, but regardless, it seems the time between June and September flies. Then, the time between September and Halloween is like the blink of an eye, as is the time between Halloween and Thanksgiving. Once Thanksgiving hits, the time before Christmas seems increasingly non-existent, especially when Thanksgiving comes late, as it did this year. December just seems to disappear altogether and then wham, bam, there you are...

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

Sadly, I've noticed that the weeks fly by a lot faster as I get older. Maybe that's why I still feel like I'm 50. 

Woman Very Happy

I read somewhere recently that life is like a roll of toilet paper. When you start there is lots of it and it goes slowly. Towards the end, that roll goes real fast.  8)

Regular Contributor

Hope everyone made some time to enjoy the holidays!!  I really look forward to NYE.....guess I'm really old because this is my night to DO NOTHING!!  Bubble bath and jammies early, glass of wine and something on DVR.  At about five till  12 I turn over to watch the ball drop. Hubby will be in family room watching westerns or something he has watched a million times and falling asleep waaaayyyy before midnight.  Sounds boring I know but perfect for me!!  

Have a safe and happy NYE and healthy 2016!

Esteemed Contributor

@shopqvcless wrote:

Hope everyone made some time to enjoy the holidays!!  I really look forward to NYE.....guess I'm really old because this is my night to DO NOTHING!!  Bubble bath and jammies early, glass of wine and something on DVR.  At about five till  12 I turn over to watch the ball drop. Hubby will be in family room watching westerns or something he has watched a million times and falling asleep waaaayyyy before midnight.  Sounds boring I know but perfect for me!!  

Have a safe and happy NYE and healthy 2016!

Me too.  Not doing a thing except relaxing.  Happy New Year to everyone.  Don't spend too much in 2016 -haha.