Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone REALLY have a gift closet?

NOPE! 1. Dont have extra room I live in a small condo

2. If I want to give a gift it has to be something special for that particular person rather than something that person wouldnt like and I bought it just becuse it was cheap and would end up at Goodwill or re-gifted.  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

We do--sort of. In the small room--which we use as an office there is a tiny closet. We have items that we have bought or I have made (as I knit) and we put them in there. I have gone in the closet more times than I can count. Thank goodness we have items in there that are the perfect item for the recipient.

Respected Contributor

It’s actually a drawer but yes.
Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

The gift closet is a very clever sales ploy. I don't know one person that has one. The few that posted on this board seem to be buying for a specific person. 

That isn't what the hosts are selling. They are  planting the seed that it is perfectly normal to have this closet filled with random QVC items, so you can give it to everyone you come in contact with. Oh, and don't forget in case some random person decides to give you a gift you can get something out of the closet for them!

That's just ridiculous. If some random person gives me a gift, I'm not going to give them a gift, so we can start a tradition. One more thing if any host has that gift closet you can bet it filled with free samples they get from QVC. 

Some that have responded do buy with a specific person in mind, but others have stated that they pick things up just to have on hand. So I guess you do know (or at least know of) someone who has one.

Esteemed Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

The gift closet is a very clever sales ploy. I don't know one person that has one. The few that posted on this board seem to be buying for a specific person. 

That isn't what the hosts are selling. They are  planting the seed that it is perfectly normal to have this closet filled with random QVC items, so you can give it to everyone you come in contact with. Oh, and don't forget in case some random person decides to give you a gift you can get something out of the closet for them!

That's just ridiculous. If some random person gives me a gift, I'm not going to give them a gift, so we can start a tradition. One more thing if any host has that gift closet you can bet it filled with free samples they get from QVC. 

Some that have responded do buy with a specific person in mind, but others have stated that they pick things up just to have on hand. So I guess you do know (or at least know of) someone who has one.

No, I don't reread my post @jonbon 

Respected Contributor

I have one but not for miscellanous just in case gifts its more to have a place to hide things that I have bought for my grandkids or things I have bought that will fit them later so I don't forget.  Mostly a place to keep the christmas presents I have purchased.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't but my Grandmother actually did many years ago. She would show me the different things she bought and put away. She liked doing those things because it was hard for her to get out and shop like she wanted to, so she would buy things she thought someone would like and then put them away for birthdays, Christmas,etc......

Not a bad idea if you have the space and money, but I prefer to buy items specifically for people and their personality... 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have a specific closet. But I do have an extra room where I place the holiday gift boxes I have purchased during the year.   My mother did have special dresser where she hid the holiday gifts!!

Frequent Contributor

LOL😹.  First off, I'd be too tempted to pull out everything for myself. Secondly, I'm not that sweet🙄. And lastly, I change my mind frequently...on just about everything, so what I thought were nice gifts today, I'd second guess my choices tomorrow. No, I do not have one but understand those who find a benefit to having one. Honestly, I buy when I know I need too and the items are usually more personal in nature. Don't have a lot of folks to buy for these days. To those who do ...Cheers to you and may your gift closets be filled with abundance and joy! 

Trusted Contributor

@glamwitch I don't have a gift closet as you described.  It's more of a gift parking lot.  I purchase things throughout the year when I see something that would be a good gift for a specific person.  Then I tuck it away until the gift occassion occurs such as their birthday or Christmas.  For instance, I picked up some special interest books for someone last weekend when I saw them at Barnes & Noble.  The books are in the "parking lot" now until Christmas.