Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone REALLY have a gift closet?

No I don't.  However on occasion I'll buy something that seems like it would be great for someone and store it away.....I just have to remember where I put those few extra goodies!

Honored Contributor

My Mom did.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

Nope!  Never had a need for one.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

No...I don't

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have part of my clothes closet with periea boxes. Each box is for a different family member or friend. Because I have a limited income, I buy gifts throughout the year for specific birthdays and holidays. Having a box for each person in a central location means I rarely lose gifts although I sometimes am surprised when I open a container and see something I forgot I have bought.  This year I am behind on purchasing because of the cost of some items I wish I could buy.  

Honored Contributor

I do have a space for gifts I pick up during the year.  Sometimes I see something I'd like to put away for someone for Christmas or a birthday.  If I didn't have a specific location designated for those items I'd never find them again when it was time to give them.

Respected Contributor

At this age, I no longer need a gift closet.  The few gifts I need for Christmas giving, I select whenever and wherever I see them.  These are items that I would keep for myself but don't.   They are beautiful and useful....not things most folks would go out and search for.

I do have a good eye: folks have asked me to be on the lookout for certain things that would work for their home or them.  Sometimes they would just like the unusual...e.g., old time sundae glass dishes.  Of course, I found them for a $1 each and am sure their grandkids love ice cream from them.

Important to add here: I don't make shopping a full or part time activity.  If I am somewhere and see something, I will pick it up and put it away for someone later.  99% of the time it works.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do have a "gift drawer". ..Definitely not to have big, expensive gifts for a hairstylist, etc. 

If I find something I think would be a good small gift for family members for birthdays, etc. and it's at a good sale price, yes it goes in the gift drawer.  

Items include throws, pjs, makeup sets in special small trunks/bags for GDs (you know the big sets from Ulta filled with items in a cute case?), etc. 

I do give small gifts for no reason...just because I feel like it. It doesn't have to be a special holiday. 

Honored Contributor

I don't have a gift closet.

Respected Contributor

Our Church and two others have joined as up to 300+ has an annual "Operation Christmas" with gifts for kids included up to 18 yrs. $10 to $15 value. 

I have a tub in the basement that I collect items all year. Alot are partial  Q beauty kits where I donate items that I dont care for in colors or scent. Slipper socks half price bought after the Holidays etc.  I took 22 tags teen girls last year. Someone sorts the gifts  by ages and sex and adds them to the  food boxes.

People must have "Regifting Closets" as I have gotten some of those in the workplace in the past.