Honored Contributor

Re: Does The Q WANT Us To Shop Elsewhere?

Looks like today is ugly shoe day. Is this the kind of stuff they pass for 'fashion'?

Honored Contributor

Sounds like you watch too much QVC lol. Change the channel.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 handygal said:
On 3/6/2015 stevieb said:
On 3/6/2015 cosmic1 said: I came to that conclusion also. The q wants out of the clothing business and if they force us to stop buying, they can justify phasing it out.

Let's see now, it appears they want out of clothing and jewelry...? I guess soon it'll just be an endless roulette wheel of skincare, makeup, kitchen goods, vacuums and computers... Heck, it pretty much already is! And yes, the presentations are endless.

If that's the case, they will become an all-infomercial channel, and they'll have to change their name to IC24/7. Let's hope the powers-that-be come to their senses!

Most of the time, especially on weekends, it looks like they already jumped, head first and into the deep end, into the infomercial business...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I did break bad and order one SG item -- but only because I've been looking for one particular piece in a particular color combination for quite a while, and yesterday she finally brought it! It's priced way too high, and I'm still considering cancelling the order, but after suffering through so much of her shows to find it, I may just let it ride and hope it works out. It's the only piece I've ordered in a LONG time... I'm glad I don't really need anything, because there hasn't been much at all to choose from, other than a pair of gladiator sandals with a very high heel that I just WISH I could wear.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I did get another compliment from a total stranger today on one of SG's coats - I get compliments every time I wear it. Once in a while she still hits one out of the park.Wink

Honored Contributor

Liquid knit is like wearing a plastic bag...especially in the summer. Polyester doesn't breath and is a cheap fabric to use. I won't buy any of Susan's poly tops.

Honored Contributor

On 3/7/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:

Liquid knit is like wearing a plastic bag...especially in the summer. Polyester doesn't breath and is a cheap fabric to use. I won't buy any of Susan's poly tops.

Agreed. And notice that no designer uses the word "polyester" any more? There are many fancy new names for it, but it's still the same old stuff from the 1970's.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

On 3/6/2015 cosmic1 said: I came to that conclusion also. The q wants out of the clothing business and if they force us to stop buying, they can justify phasing it out.

Let's see now, it appears they want out of clothing and jewelry...? I guess soon it'll just be an endless roulette wheel of skincare, makeup, kitchen goods, vacuums and computers... Heck, it pretty much already is! And yes, the presentations are endless.

Yeah, I was being a little flip there. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} I was annoyed because I bought a DB jacket that I had to return because the sleeves were too tight. I should learn not to trust his stuff anymore. I even sized up because I thought that would ensure that it would fit.

I do wonder sometimes, though, what they are thinking. The quality has gone done, prices have gone up and the selection is far less than before.

I used to know that if I bought a piece of jewelry with stones set in that they would never fall out. Now, sometimes the item arrives with stones missing or laying in the bag.

Honored Contributor

On 3/7/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:

Me neither CALMIN for all the reasons you mentioned....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 handygal said:

If that's the case, they will become an all-infomercial channel, and they'll have to change their name to IC24/7. Let's hope the powers-that-be come to their senses!

Hi handygal....I think a name change is definitely in order....I hardly watch/buy anymore because what they are sellin' (nothing but vacuums, blenders, computers/tablets, philosophy, polyester clothes, IT makeup, or Bose)....I just don't want nor need....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Diff'rent strokes.....the only purchase I made from Fashion Days was from Susan Graver. I would have bought two of her itmes, but my size sold out too quickly on the other item.