Super Contributor

Does It Mean TSV isn't doing well if no repeat overnight airings?

Hi everyone,

I noticed there aren't any overnight repeat airings of the TSV (Insulated tumblers), thought I read once that's usually what happens if not selling well? I wasn't too excited by it myself, but others might be! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Does It Mean TSV isn't doing well if no repeat overnight airings?

I went to look to see if it had sold out.  It appears it has not.  I too noticed they were not airing constant repeats of the TSV which for me was refreshing although I can watch Rick sell anything  

I usually don't try to second guess why they do anything but I do find it odd.  I would guess with the big push before Christmas they are trying to get rid of as much inventory as possible so you might be right, if it is not selling, you might as well air something that is

I wish they would go back to 24/7 live presentations again.  I miss it.

Esteemed Contributor

I imagine that the inventory supply ordered was not particularly deep, so they want to keep supply for morning presentations. 

Often, however, they do seem to over order.  The recent Bose Wave IV TSV became a TS at HSN.

Esteemed Contributor

At the start of his show Rick said there was very limited quantity of the TSV. 

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

This is weird choice for TSV to begin with.  Then to have to limit its airings because of limited supply seems like poor planning all around.  They could have just sold this bottle cozy during David's shows, and kept it at that.  

Honored Contributor

Not sure I'd smile if I recieved a tumbler as a gift, but maybe since probably won't receive it (or other Q offerings) before Christmas anyway, I'm thinking sales will be slowing down. 

Esteemed Contributor

Funny, I remember seeing see Tumblers, cups & water bottles  being advertised for a couple of days.  I don't know as to why QVC    doesen't  say these are promotional items for 1 week like  brick and mortar retailers used to do.

Well, guess QVC still operates by the psychological game that  a product sale price is  limited  to a 24 hr peroid . They run constant nonstop 1 hr promotions of the same item along with saying how many thousands have bought the item as psychological toos to get customers to buy what ever they offer.