Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Remember Iris the model?

@Sameolmollysmama wrote:

I liked Iris, as well. I was pleasantly surprised to see Eiko (please forgive the spelling. I have no idea how to spell her name) last night on QVC. I also really miss Joy, Rachel, and there used to be a cute girl with a short bob hairdo that I enjoyed watching. QVC has changed a lot, and not for the better, IMO. I'm saving money, though!!

I did not see model Aiko Heike recently. Can you tell me when you saw her?

Iris Simms debuted her Never Enough by Iris Simms collection on QVC on February 14, 2008 but it only lasted a year or so.

Honored Contributor

Very upbeat lady. I looked for her book on amazon but it apparently was never released.

Honored Contributor

@daisyk wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@daisyk  Thank you.  Yes, I believe it was Trina... couldn't remember the name.  She had extreme allergies so bad, she couldn't even sleep in her apartment.  I wonder what happened to her? 

I wonder too. Hope she is well.

I don't think she had allergies.  I seem to recall she was very ill due to toxic mold.   

Frequent Contributor

beautiful and classy.

Honored Contributor

@Elizabeth95 wrote:

Iris Simms is still around....just not at the Q.  She has an incredible voice and is working on recording an album. 

Oh thats nice, I remember her.  I believe Amy use to call her "I".

Occasional Contributor

Yes I remember Iris, she is a class act. It was good seeing her when she came back. I wish her the best. Where is the host Jacque Gonzalez?  Folks disappear and we shoppers and viewers wonder if they have moved on or on vacation? Maybe there's some company policy, but if you happen to catch a show where the person is briefly mentioned, you have some closure.  Like I understood Rick to say on the 83rd ent Gem Day that Peyton Kelly has retired?  Could you say something in the monthly Q magazine? There should be some way to tastefully and legally share that the folks we've allowed in our homes via tv shopping have moved on.  As I watch other shopping channels, I do see former QVC folks.

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your replies.  Yes, it was Trina who was ill.  I had forgotten that.  I hope Iris is faring well.  She was so much fun to watch. 

QVC has certainly changed over the years, and for me, not for the better.  Although, I think the newer viewers are enjoying it much more than some of us older folks.  

Honored Contributor

I also remember Iris.  She was on a lot years ago and then she was a host for a bit and also had her own line briefly.  Seems she has done many different things.   When I first started watching she was on a lot--same with Aiko (sp?).   If she was back recently, I missed seeing her.  Both were excellent models.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@daisyk wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@daisyk  Thank you.  Yes, I believe it was Trina... couldn't remember the name.  She had extreme allergies so bad, she couldn't even sleep in her apartment.  I wonder what happened to her? 

I wonder too. Hope she is well.

I don't think she had allergies.  I seem to recall she was very ill due to toxic mold.   

yes, toxic mold.......she has had many ups and downs in her heatlh.

she said after 20+ plus years of modeling and fashionista work, she is now a hippie again....

trina.jpg

trina is currently in the digital media industry. she is doing websites, mobile apps, and social media marketing and video productions.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor