Esteemed Contributor

@Liverbird1

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I always read review before buying a product, particularly the food reviews.

In years past vendors have immediately been removed from QVC for fake reviews. I remember a well-known hair products vendor being dropped, along with his products.

I would hope the Q removes this vendor and products immediately.

Honored Contributor

QVC has done this on probably all items, for years. Yes, they do think customers won't/don't "get it." And for a certain percentage of customers, they don't. QVC sells to them, not customers who can read and put 2+2 together.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

@Liverbird1Maybe, maybe not.   Why should I trust your post?

I don't trust rave reviews or rants from many writers here or in reviews. 

Lots of first timers may be in the glow of that first experiecne, but they can write with im[\punity.  Should anyone ever actually prove a large company was ccoking their reviews, there'd be millions to pay.

Do you have a feeling or do you have proof?

i tend to agree with your post @millieshops.

there are not that many reviews and there really is no proof, so i would NOT mark any of those reviews as "inappropriate."

it would help if qvc did what hsn does. they only allow you to review an item after it has been purchased AND you have to have had it for a number of days before you can make that review.

the good thing about food items. you can order them, bake them, taste them. if they are not up to your standards, then all you have to do is call qvc for a FULL REFUND. you do not have to send the product back. there is a100% guarantee and no cost if you are not satisfied. it is an excellent return policy on food items.

I can't agree with you about the HSN policy of making you wait.

Many of my past purchases were jewelry.  I could tell the minute I saw it if I loved it or not.  So I went to give a review, mostly quite positive, and I couldn't.  So I have never given a review since.  I get their point, having read some really stupid reviews, but after I've purchased something, DO NOT tell me I can't review it!  I won't go back.

Hyacinth

Valued Contributor

When I see the word 'doctored' I think that QVC changed what was originally written. These may sound fake, but I don't think QVC is taking time to change/doctor what someone has written. 

Super Contributor

I always check reviews and these  product reviews stood out as fake .Maybe I am wrong , but QVC should only allow reviews from customers who have purchased the item they review on .This would maybe help in the process .

Valued Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

I also find a similar situation on Amazon.  I know there was a big brouhaha several years ago about paid/false reviewers on Amazon, but over the past year I find that so many of their items all rate 4.5 stars out of 5…how it that possible?  When the review system started I thought it was an excellent idea to hear from previous users, and I actually benefited most from some of the negative reviews that took the time to tell why they thought it was negative.  Much of the time, their negative was actually a positive for me.  For example if someone says some kitchen item is too small and not designed for a family – that is exactly the size I look for, something designed for use for one or two. 

Unfortunately, these companies came along and started messing with the truth and now you can’t trust any of them anymore. 

I have noticed this on many sites that have reviews:  Sephora, Yelp, Amazon, etc. Almost every single thing has 4 stars.  Everything.   How can that be?  It isn't of course, there is some doctoring going on.  Not by the store companies themselves, I'm guessing but by the manufacturers/producers?  who knows.  I can't prove it of course. Reviews used to be useful and now I feel like I can't trust them at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tantallum, @Havarti,

Here's a possible reason you see so many 4 and 5 star reviews from happy internet shoppers.

I'm extremely careful about ordering something I can't see, touch, examine before ordering.

As a result, I often order more of something I've had in the past. So I'm already extremely satisfied with the item I'm ordering.

Or, I order from a manufacturer who's existing or new products haven't failed to meet my highest expectations. So I'm already extremely satisfied with the item I'm ordering.

But the features that make it just perfect for me may be the very things that make it all wrong for your needs. 

So in the long run, I don't find many reviews to be particularly helpful. It's more important to me that the product description be as complete and accurate as possible.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Respected Contributor

Re: Doctored reviews on QVC

[ Edited ]

Well lets try again.  It is clear to me that those reviews are "placed".   When reviewing a food item who uses words like flawless and freight??? Each left by single review posters all but one on the same date.  I hope TPTB will talk to the vendor about this.

Esteemed Contributor

I read reviews before I buy something I am not sure of.  I first go to Amazon (even if it is a QVC item).  I google the item and look for a list of places the item is sold (if that is possible).  I also look at QVC reviews.  There is always going to be a difference of opinion.  I just check it out everywhere I can.  And if it is electronic in nature or very expensive I go looking for it in a store to ask questions and give it my look-see.