Honored Contributor

I haven't looked it up and have no idea what you guys are talking about (the product).

However, I do know there are companies a business can hire that can take negative remarks off of a website, etc.

Like I said, I don't know anything about this but I do know I don't trust any comments about products.  I guess more accurately I should say, I take it 'with a grain of salt'.

Respected Contributor

@Liverbird1 wrote:

I have just looked at the saugatuk kitchen food items on QVC .Well 8 reviews are all top stars and they have only 1 review in their history [ strange that ]and the two poor reviews that give low stars have a long history of giving reviews ,[so long time QVC customer ]

Do companies think we are stupid as all the  high star reviews sound false .

How can QVC allow this to happen?

I am curious as to why you even researched this!!  That's a lot of digging for one QVC product!

Maybe they are that good!  Wasn't it the crab cakes that got tossed when they discovered fake reviews?

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Re: Doctored reviews on QVC

[ Edited ]

@Apple Crisp wrote:

I just went to the product and read the reviews. In my opinion, they are the phoniest reviews I have ever read, way over the top. Somehow I think it could be the producer of the food that made those reviews, not QVC.

I agree with you @Apple Crisp.   I wonder if QVC has any way to track that down to see if it's true.

Honored Contributor

Re: Doctored reviews on QVC

[ Edited ]

I hope you are all reporting them as suspect.  I did. 

@Caaareful Shopper @liver bird @hyacinth003  @Annabellethecat  @Havarti   @pupwhipped  @applecrisp

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@Liverbird1 wrote:

I have just looked at the saugatuk kitchen food items on QVC .Well 8 reviews are all top stars and they have only 1 review in their history [ strange that ]and the two poor reviews that give low stars have a long history of giving reviews ,[so long time QVC customer ]

Do companies think we are stupid as all the  high star reviews sound false .

How can QVC allow this to happen?

I am curious as to why you even researched this!!  That's a lot of digging for one QVC product!

@hyacinth003 It's very easy actually.  Next to each reviewer's name, you can click on "Read All My Reviews."   Then a little pop-up appears that gives you a snapshot of that person's reviews, average rating, questions, answers, etc.

This one is definitely suspicious!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I hope you are all reporting them as suspect.  I did. 

@Caaareful Shopper @liver bird @hyacinth003@  @Annabellethecat66  @Havarti   @pupwhipped  @applecrisp

I do not mind or care about the overall ratings. However, since those particular ones all submitted on the same day, and read like they are written by the same person, yes, I asked QVC if they could double check those. If -- and that's still a big IF -- someone is playing games or trying to sway purchases, it does matter to me.

I do use reviews to sense pros & cons about an item.  The rating is not important to me, but the actual statements & descriptions are. I don't care if it's a 2 or a 5, but if I can get bits and pieces about the product I can usually pull out what's important to me to make my purchase or stay away.

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

I think somehow the Russians are involved. Woman Wink

@pupwhipped   LOLOLOL   GOOD ONE!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624@   collusion,  I think puppy and you are right.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it was political.

Esteemed Contributor

I personally have over 1,000 reviews of my purchases.   All of mine, but a very few are less then 5 stars.  I have been very happy with the things I have purchsed, and I have to say that I have purchsed things that had lousy reviews, but I liked them.  

A good example is the recent TSV for Clark shoes.   I have to wear a comfortable shoe.  Too many years of dance ugh.   I have somewhat of a wide foot, because since I moved to the South, I live in bare feet.  I love the shoes.  I hardly ever purchase shoes as I usually need to try on, or stick with a brand I know will always fit.  I also buy froma company with free shipping.  Since shipping was only $3.00, I took a chance and I am glad I did.