Super Contributor

I have just looked at the saugatuk kitchen food items on QVC .Well 8 reviews are all top stars and they have only 1 review in their history [ strange that ]and the two poor reviews that give low stars have a long history of giving reviews ,[so long time QVC customer ]

Do companies think we are stupid as all the  high star reviews sound false .

How can QVC allow this to happen?

Honored Contributor

@liver bird  Did you report the reviews as inappropriate?  What's the item number of the item about which you're speaking? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Liverbird1Maybe, maybe not.   Why should I trust your post?

I don't trust rave reviews or rants from many writers here or in reviews. 

Lots of first timers may be in the glow of that first experiecne, but they can write with im[\punity.  Should anyone ever actually prove a large company was ccoking their reviews, there'd be millions to pay.

Do you have a feeling or do you have proof?

Respected Contributor

I think somehow the Russians are involved. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

I think somehow the Russians are involved. Woman Wink

@pupwhipped  Could be.  Let's call for an investigation. 

Super Contributor

If you are referring to item M52900 it does look suspect..the 8 who gave 5 stars not only are reviewing for the first time..but also had dinner parties or something very similar...reviews were , posted on 4/3 these just happen to come on the heels of the 2 reviewers who gave 2 stars on 4/2. The 2 star reviewers have given multiple reviews. I have seen this before...not the first time...wish there was a way to prove the reviews are doctored...the product appears to be on waitlist..will be interesting to see if it becomes available again.

Valued Contributor

@pupwhipped LOL, you made my day!

Super Contributor

Re: Doctored reviews on QVC

[ Edited ]

I just went to the product and read the reviews. In my opinion, they are the phoniest reviews I have ever read, way over the top. Somehow I think it could be the producer of the food that made those reviews, not QVC.

Trusted Contributor

I also find a similar situation on Amazon.  I know there was a big brouhaha several years ago about paid/false reviewers on Amazon, but over the past year I find that so many of their items all rate 4.5 stars out of 5…how it that possible?  When the review system started I thought it was an excellent idea to hear from previous users, and I actually benefited most from some of the negative reviews that took the time to tell why they thought it was negative.  Much of the time, their negative was actually a positive for me.  For example if someone says some kitchen item is too small and not designed for a family – that is exactly the size I look for, something designed for use for one or two. 

Unfortunately, these companies came along and started messing with the truth and now you can’t trust any of them anymore. 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

The 5-star reviews on M52900, sound like they're written by the same person.