Valued Contributor

Re: Do you watch less QVC than you used to and why?

Regular Contributor

I have stopped purchasing from and definitely watching QVC. They used to be informative and entertaining. Now it has become more entertaining (I use that term loosely) and less informative. The quality of the products has gone down and the prices have gone up. I get that the cost of everything has gone up, but please give me quality products to purchase for the money. Some of these new vendor products are just not something that I would buy. My purchases are limited to a very few vendors and trust me, I check online for a price comparison and reviews first, that includes HSN. I used to enjoy watching QVC, now if I'm looking for something in the brands that I like, which are few, I shop online. It's kind of sad that this company has lost it's way, with products, quality hosts, shipping, programming, you name it...so unfortunate.

Respected Contributor

@jlrbr wrote:
Seldom watch, way too much else going on. The prices are ridiculous, lack of quality, and I'm tired, so tired, of receiving used items, (BFD), not sold "as-is". The hyped up hosts, are too much. They scream desperation. I pity the vendors, some even look embarrassed. Management not getting a grasp on cleaning up the messes, shows just what type of company it's become. I watched a few moments last evening, just in time for SK to declare she's wear those pj's "everywhere", the size small, I might add, but when she announced she'd wear the pj's to Bonefish Grill, with a denim jacket and heels, I thought, yep, it's completely off the rails, and no one, is getting the runaway train back on the tracks. Bottom line, there's absolutely nothing I need from that company.

This literally made me LOL

Super Contributor

I haven't watched an entire show since You're Home With Jill went off the air along with Jill herself. I may check a show if I'm interested in the items offered but lately I'm not interested, especially in the clothes. Denim&Co was my go-to for a long time but the line has changed and most of it doesn't appeal to me now. As for HSN hosts, ever watch Suzanne Runyon or Adam Freeman? Both are as "energetic"as Domeier.

Super Contributor

Nothing new...mostly pajamas and sports sandals.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have QVC on in the background A LOT (because it's usually live) but almost never purchase anymore. Reasons are:

1. Behavior and comments of the hosts, especially on the food shows.

2. Too many of the same shows. Too much fashion, food, beauty and same old products.

3. I prefer only one host per show, not two or three.

4. Too many of the same phrases are being said over and over. Examples-that's the beauty of it, everyone's buying more than one, etc. 

5. It seems like a neverending infomercial.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Honored Contributor

Never been a watcher.  I keep up with the merchandise online.  

Super Contributor

Yes, for a variety of reasons. Compared to years ago when they had a huge variety of products, their programming has become stale.  Same ole, same ole.  I rarely find any bargains especially in clothing. I get much better deals at other retailers. Shipping is too expensive and ridiculously slow. Too many other places offer free and faster shipping. QVC is simply not keeping up with the times. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tired of the same old merchandise and some hosts and vendors are extremely annoying.Hosts "saving Christmas or what  ever" If I listed them my post would be "poofed".Tired of all day..this or that.

Respected Contributor

I only watch QVC when another channel I am watching is on a commercial.  But within that short time of watching snippets of 5 minutes, the LOUDNESS of some lady show hosts actually hurt my sensitive hearing. 

Can listen to Mary Beth and Pat James, but Jane T. and Amy S. cause me pain, so shoe shows and Mon. night fashions are non-watchable for me even for a few minutes!