Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you watch less QVC than you used to and why?

Yes. Same old products over & over. High prices. Annoying hosts.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC has changed alot and not for the better!! There is too much of everything and everybody.  Too many items are the same, too many shows with the same hosts, TSV presentations are too long and too often.   Many hosts are so unwatchable

In the past, I used to have QVC on all the time.  But in the last couple of years, I rarely watch that channel anymore.  I do check in every so often, but can't remember that last time I watched an entire show!!  I even changed the channel on  Valerie's recent shows and she is one of my favorite vendors!

Contributor

QVC has become totally unwatchable. Same merchandise over and over again and the hosts have become unwatchable. 

I would never order anything again after reading the complaints on this board. 

Honored Contributor

I watch way way way less than I used to!

It has become too repetitive, no new,and too many hosts talking way too much and over everybody.....That is not enjoyable or relaxing!

They have the same vendors/products on over and over as well. Prices aren't competitive anymore either.

Even their Beauty shows, I used to watch all the time, but I posted on another thread, same old stuff, no new vendors-we see the same cosmetic/skincare lines over and over, yet you look online and QVC has a ton of different lines, they could be showcasing!

Too much of the same thing for me, so I don't even bother!!!

Valued Contributor

I used to watch for "company" in my house while everyone was out.  I certainly have spent thousands.  Many purchase I was quite pleased.  I do have some favorites I would never had found in brick & mortar stores.  I also loved watching the beauty shows.  I love make-up and as a woman of "66",  I can do make-up like a professional.  I worked at one of those fancy stores for a famous brand I will not name.  It is a pricy one.  I love fashion as well.  So I loved the glamour and personalities.  QVC has gone such downhill.  I realize the world as changed and we no longer "dress-up".  However I was a big LR fan CC fan,,,,,and so many of the beautiful models...some still there.  I do realize all size women need to be represented but there is (LATELY)...an overdose of the EXTRA large ladies....I also am still sad many favorite hosts were let go.   Who they have been replaced by should never have passed the first interview.  That being sad, a few new ones are very sweet.  There is one with the most irritating voice.....I just don't get it.  I buy very little, watch even less.

Contributor

Definitely less. The shipping cost us just too much...it is nuts. They need to have free shipping if you buy so much like most every other store does with on line orders. It also takes too long to receive orders.
Trusted Contributor

It used to be kind of fun and interesting to watch QVC fashion shows. Now there is no point in watching because the host don't give any pertinent information. It's the same old joggers, tunic tops, hoodies sweatshirts Over and over and over. If there's some thing I'm interested in I just watch the video
Trusted Contributor

I stopped watching during Covid when I didn't need anything else from China!  I used to keep it on for background noise but now when I rarely turn it on, I find the hosts mostly annoying and more into themselves than the product.  Also, the shipping is a no for me anymore.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sadly I watch a lot less---repetitive products, QVC used to have a lot of unique products, too many beauty shows, too lengthy and frequent TSV presentations, the clothing lines pretty much all look alike, and I find some hosts unwatchable--self focused and more about them having a good time, very little product info given by these hosts except for colors....

Except for AM STYLE I avoid QVC on the weekends its always vacuums, mattresses/beds or electronics

There are shows I still watch---Jim Shore, Valerie Parr Hill (even if I dont buy I get decorating ideas), home decor shows. Luminara and Leah William's AM STYLE on Saturday Mornings.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I used to watch all the time.  Kathy Levine, Bob Bowersox, both Dan's etc.  I could always find something different and unique.  Prices and shipping were fair.  I quit watching as they brought on "new hosts" who are loud and interrupt the guest.  They don't have very many quality products and the time and expense to ship are out of control.