Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you watch less QVC than you used to and why?

Watch it much more selectively. Long gone are the days when I could watch any host; these days there are some I just avoid like the plague, even if they are selling something I might be interested in,
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I watch less.  Reasons: 1) Shopping much less, 2) Don't care for many of the hosts (so why bother wastching) and 3) Find the vendors to be distracting.

Respected Contributor

I absolutely watch less because of the hosts and presentation style.  Used to keep on as a background noise, but find it annoying so I stopped.   I now check on line and look at the program guide or just surf through.  I still shop on line and do shop with qvc, but definitely don't like to watch.  I watch HSN some.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

I watch less and buy less.

1 - prices are too high for what they are selling in most cases

2 - customer service has changed for the worse.

3 - some hosts are unwatchable for me.  

4 - inventory is low on items...I don't want to find something I like and it's sold out.  This happens too often.

Trusted Contributor

@kaydee50    I completely agree with you about the HSN hosts and products being superior to QVC.

I bought a lot from HSN over the Holidays but, like QVC, had some things that caused me a hassle returning.

Therefore, I MAKE SURE that I never fall for any "pitch" (send it home, TRY IT OUT and if it doesn't work, RETURN IT blah, blah, blah...)  It doesn't work that way in many cases.

I'm a tremendous Amazon shopper and one of the greatest reasons is because if an item "doesn't work out" I get an app on my phone, don't even have to wrap the item up, present at Whole Foods or UPS store (both close to me) and 5 MINS later I have my refund.  

Esteemed Contributor

I watch it less, but only because I am shopping less.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

I pretty much stopped watching it when Jean Bice passed away ! I loved her shows and her clothing ! I would stay up till midnight if she had a tsv ! I haven't watched at all in about 8 years ! Wish I had all of the thousands l spent on stuff I never used because I got sucked in by the hype !  I sold a lot of stuff on eBay , made about $3000 dollars from the clothing ! So that tells how much I spent , l did get good prices for the Birkenstock shoes ,Quacker Factory clothing , denim and co , Susan Graver ,and a few others .  Seems if I liked something I had to have every color . I also sold a few Dennis Basso coats and Stan Herman pajamas and robes . I still have boxes left of my most loved ,but usually wear old clothing around the house . Worked as a nurse before retired ,so couldn't even wear the stuff to work !  Don't know what possessed me to buy so much except it was an addiction !!

Valued Contributor

Seldom watch, way too much else going on. The prices are ridiculous, lack of quality, and I'm tired, so tired, of receiving used items, (BFD), not sold "as-is". The hyped up hosts, are too much. They scream desperation. I pity the vendors, some even look embarrassed. Management not getting a grasp on cleaning up the messes, shows just what type of company it's become. I watched a few moments last evening, just in time for SK to declare she's wear those pj's "everywhere", the size small, I might add, but when she announced she'd wear the pj's to Bonefish Grill, with a denim jacket and heels, I thought, yep, it's completely off the rails, and no one, is getting the runaway train back on the tracks. Bottom line, there's absolutely nothing I need from that company.
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I rarely ever watch QVC.  I quit years ago because I started shopping online at other retailers that offered great sales and free shipping.  I learned that I could almost always get a better price elsewhere and even if the price was the same, I could get free shipping.

I tune in from time to time, but I rarely purchase.  Maybe once or twice per year.  I got the set of 4  philosophy shower gels that was offered not too long ago.   I look at items mentioned here on the forums, or check to see what a host is wearing if it is mentioned here but I never watch for long.  

Same for me.

Frequent Contributor

There is a lot of good information on this thread.  Is there somebody in the QVC world that reads the threads, like REALLY reads them?  There is always someone right there to delete an "unkind" post about a host but it would be nice to see someone acknowledge what the customers are saying about programming, products and hosts.  Afterall, the cistomers are their bread and butter.

Hello QVC, where are you???