Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you watch less QVC than you used to and why?

@chiclet 

No longer watch (more than a few minutes at a time) or buy.

At one time, I was an avid shopper and loved watching.

I've said this before.....when I found myself feeling annoyed at the hosts or their sales pitch...and yelling at the TV, I knew the love affair was over.

I found it comforting to watch Mary Beth or Kathy Levine in the old days....but times change and, in all honesty, I am trying to streamline my life.  

I just broke up and never looked back Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I have shopped QVC since the beginning, but tv shopping was a novelty, now is kind of outmoded and foolish. 

@QVCkitty1    especially with the shipping costs... and the long delays in receiving items you purchase.... like with QVC. 

so many sites offer free shipping, coupons, and you get the items in a day or two if not the same day like with Amazon...  Just can not see who who would order from a TV shopping network and put up with  it anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

Part of my post is from a previous post of mine:

I did what I do with any B&M or other on line shopping that doesn't provide me with good service, I go elsewhere!  I agree with all the reasons shared by other posters on the thread.  

@Rose429

You are doing what I did until I realized how much money I spent on impulse buying stuff I didn't need, seriously how many tee shirts does a retired person really need. Even if it's the best sale ever with free shipping, if you don't need it your wasting money.

I only shop when I need something, no more browsing.  This works for me and maybe it may help you. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I have shopped QVC since the beginning, but tv shopping was a novelty, now is kind of outmoded and foolish. 

@QVCkitty1    especially with the shipping costs... and the long delays in receiving items you purchase.... like with QVC. 

so many sites offer free shipping, coupons, and you get the items in a day or two if not the same day like with Amazon...  Just can not see who who would order from a TV shopping network and put up with  it anymore.

@SeaMaiden I think some people are comfortable shopping here, and the 

Q takes advantage of it. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

Uninterested in products they offer most the time.  

Prices are high for me too.

Respected Contributor

Yes, a lot less. Hardly ever. Very seldom purchase items from QVC.  Everyone has stated solid reasons as to their watching less and I wholeheartedly agree with them.  I can count on one hand the hosts I will watch. All the others are just too annoying and say anything for a sale.  High prices for poor quality goods, return problems, poor customer service.  QVC is just a shell of what it was years ago. Other retail companies, both large and small are doing it so much better than QVC.  TPTB don't seem to care to fix the problems either.

Honored Contributor

I woud say yes, I watch less.  I only watch the shows/vendors/items I typically purchase, but even with those items, many times I won't watch but just shop the show online.

These days I'm not really in the mood to do much shopping unless I've run out of something.  With everything going on in the world today, shopping for fun just isn't a high priority for me.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Occasional Contributor

I rarely watch at all except for Laura Geller.  Between Lori Goldstein products and Denim & Co with Gary Goeben design team I'm not interested. His designs are old and frumpy. D & C used to be great.  Now he worries if it covers the neck and arms and stretches in every direction. The only hosts won't watch are Jane anD Shawn. Shawn needs to be retrained,   Do not mean to offend anyone but thats why I stopped BESIDES the shipping charges and awful deliveries

Honored Contributor

@LuckyA wrote:

I rarely watch at all except for Laura Geller.  Between Lori Goldstein products and Denim & Co with Gary Goeben design team I'm not interested. His designs are old and frumpy. D & C used to be great.  Now he worries if it covers the neck and arms and stretches in every direction. The only hosts won't watch are Jane anD Shawn. Shawn needs to be retrained,   Do not mean to offend anyone but thats why I stopped BESIDES the shipping charges and awful deliveries

@LuckyA , You're not wrong.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I watch a lot less.  The times I have to watch seems to clash with JT's schedule and I refuse to watch when she is the host.  BUT I still do watch and purchase and I return hardly anything.  I also find Q's prices are terrible a lot of time and I end up buying from Amazon a lot.   With the economy and gas prices my guess is Q's sales are tanking.