Honored Contributor

Re: Do you watch less QVC than you used to and why?

@Foxxee  Just curious:  What are the "unethical practices"?

Esteemed Contributor

I used to keep QVC on for "good background noise."

No any more!

Skype distorts the sound.

Too much time is spent on the same item.  4 per hour?

Trusted Contributor

After many years of watching and ordering, the biggest issue why I will not order is QUALITY!  Tons of over-priced products.

This is the last thing I ordered a few weeks ago.  Now it is is reduced with free shipping.  I spent way to much money on something I could of got from walmart or the dollar store.  The extra cloths are useless and smear everything.  Never again.

product thumbnail 2

Respected Contributor

I still watch, but less. It seems they have the same items and vendors on a continuous loop that eventually gets aired over and over, with only minor differences. Then it's presented like it's new and groundbreaking :-). It's not!

I don't judge the hosts for their social chatter, or attempts to be entertaining. They've got to fill in the time, when doing a one, or two hour gig. How many times can one describe the same item before madness sets in? And, they're supposed to keep talking nonstop. A little humor gets them through their day. 

I watched Shawn Saves Spring last night with Kondabi. I thought they were fun, but they filled in time, as usual, because they really didn't have a lot of product to air for a long show. I kept waiting for something new and exciting for Spring, but it wasn't there. 

Honored Contributor

I don't watch QVC anymore unless something interests me. Not because or programming or hosts, I just don't buy much after retirement. 

Surprised me how much I bought but didn't need.

I have been here since the beginning and not going to another shopping channel. 

I enjoy these boards.

Super Contributor

I watch less. I cannot watch a few of the most popular hosts. I don't want to listen to their stories. The host's job is to draw the consumer in and sell, sell, sell. But certain hosts are an automatic channel changer. I do watch the hosts that make it a point to give pertinent information in an engaging way. Jayne, Mary Beth, and Leah are examples of hosts I enjoy. Of course, it's not all the hosts fault I watch less. If I can't depend on quality of product followed up by dependable shipping then why bother to watch?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm a die hard Q fan and have them on in the background when I'm not working.   I've been satisfied with my purchases and have a low return rate.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@chiclet  Your post, word for word exactly,expresses my sentiments. I watched and bought so much in the days of

Kathy Levine, Lisa Robertson, Joan Rivers. High quality

gold and gems at affordable prices and like you said, items

that were not found elsewhere.

I truly have enough stuff, but it was nice to see

a full day of Irish products again. I bought another beautiful

sweater to add to my collection. I saw no Belleek or crystal,

not that I needed more of either. My collection of Celtic jewelry is more than I can wear.

I forgot to mention Stan Herman, I love him and miss how often he had shows, years ago. His cotton chenille

robes were the best and he understands the needs of petites.

Try to find any cotton chenille today.

Esteemed Contributor

For all the reasons mentioned, I no longer watch QVC.  I buy what I want or need from other sites.  Even stores that sell more expensive clothing have great sales.  I get quite a bit of wants and needs from Amazon, and I do buy certain items from Etsy.  I am retired, and we are loaded up with all kinds of stuff.  Nothing on QVC tempts me, and many hosts just annoy me.  If I were to watch anything, it would be HSN.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Rose429 

Hope you don't mind me giving a suggestion. I no longer watch, or shop.

Once I retired, I made a decision to spend any disposal income I had on helping local animal rescues and sewing blankets for children. 

First and foremost, I don't NEED anything, so it was a natural transition to stop buying for ME.

I'm not saying I never buy for myself, but not much.

Shopping channels were my happy place and offered comfort from a crazy job and long commute.  But, I already had too much stuff and just decided to stop.

If it is pretty, go outside...walk, read.  Just get away from the TV.  It helps!