Honored Contributor

Re: Do you watch less QVC than you used to and why?

[ Edited ]

I've been watching since the mid 1990s.  I watch a LOT less due to the boring presentations of the same old products; the obnoxious, unprofessional behavior of the hosts; high s/h; no incentives to buy, i.e., coupons, free shipping over a certain amount, etc..  

I just check out what's been on air recently.  No need to watch the endless presentations.

@chiclet   I agree with you about HSN.  IMO, the hosts are much more professional than QVC's and the products of more interest.  I've bought more from them than the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

I rarely watch because it seems every time I turn it on the TSV is on. On St. Patrick's day for example I turned it on 5 times and each time they had that same sweater or one just like it. One would think if you wanted to sell something for a holiday you would sell it before the holiday so people didn't  have to wait until next year to wear it. Yea, I know in some parts of the country it's still cold enough to wear it but here in Arizona it's only cold enough to wear it maybe 3 days a year and only until maybe 9 am when it gets to warm to wear any type of jacket. 

The same TSV and products in general. No real imagination. Shark, computer, beds, sheets, Vitamix, Le Cruset, ugly clothes or shoes over and over again. How many of these thing does a person need. 

Most of their clothing patterns  aren't my cup of tea. Loud, weird patterns, long sleeves, spandex, polyester. And who knows if it will fit. I'm sorry a 36" bust is not an xxx small in anything. Even in a man's tee shirt I wear a medium.

Shipping is ridiculous. I just bought 3 tee shirts and a pair of water aerobics shoes from LL Bean for around $100 and free shipping.

I'm sure there are more reasons.

Honored Contributor

Three reasons:

Prices too high

Hosts are not enjoyable to watch and listen to

Lots of complaints (on the Forum) about poor delivery

** At one time I bought quite a few items on St. Pats Day. This year nothing. Poor selection

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

I never made a conscious decision to stop running QVC pretty much as background noise in my very quiet home, but I once I made a very deliberate decision to stop buying jewelry, all the rest just sort of happened.   

I still put effort into keeping myself and my home satisfied, but now I do it more by shopping my own possessions than by buying new.  I have not shifted to other sources for much at all.

My urge to have new and different jewelry, clothing, or home accessories is gone.  I live within a mile or two of excellent local shopping which I have preferred once I retired more than 20 years ago --  and now I can go months without spending anywhere except the supermarket and the pharmacy.  Not much QVC could do about that.

Honored Contributor

Watch just a few shows, not much as i use to, prices are so high,some hosts rub me the wrong way.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have not watched QVC at all since December, like others if something interesting catches my eye I go to the website!  But it drives me crazy with the stupid Pop Up "Stay in the Know". which if we wanted their newsletter we could do so on the website, every time I sign in to the forums or my account there is a Pop up,  I cannot stand the hosts presentations any longer, acting like children on air, and most of them are self obsessed, they would rather look at themselves in the camera then sell the products, They offer the same old products just newer versions.  Quality used to mean something to QVC, it does not anymore, when you have to follow your package every day to see if it even coming is frustrating, no more 7-10 days shipping, they should just say you will get it when you get it.  Returns are horrendous, you have to speak to multiple Customer Service clerks before they finally get it right.  I have never watched HSN and never plan to.  It also drives me nuts when they say "Better hurry, this product will not be around much longer, and Surprise 12 hours later it is still there!

Respected Contributor

I literally never watch Qvc on tv. I shop online. If I need to see a presentation I click on the online video, watch only what I need, fast forward over the rest. And usually on mute. I cannot stand host/vendor sales pitches. On any shopping channel. 

Recently I've bought a bunch of clothes from Qvc that I'm so happy with, feeling good about my choices and liking how I look in them. I surf other retailers websites and sometimes buy from them. But many places have shipping costs much higher than the Q, I can't tell you how many items I've left in my cart at Lands End, Lug, a few others, because I couldn't justify the high s/h. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I watch less.  Most of the time, when I do watch, I mute the TV.  So many hosts are self-absorbed and not interested in giving the customer pertinent information about the item on-air.  Two hosts together on a segment is a train wreck.  Each one tries to be more entertaining than the other.  Another reason not to watch and purchase is the on-going problem of slow shipping. 

Honored Contributor

No,  I am not watching/buying much anymore--but will check in and then move on. Am tired of many of the hosts and their silliness/hyperactivity/ hard sell tactics and   the  lack of anything that they all claim I need and that will change my life! I can find most of what I need  elsewhere for less and free shipping as well as better shipping.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with what everyone else is saying....  

1.  QVC's higher prices

2.  expensive returns

3.  more interest in shopping local

4.  free shipping all over the internet

5.  the annoying hosts

6.  massive inflation

7.  the deceptive things they do--- not indicating something is an advance order in the presentation

I used to order so many things, several times a week, for years.  It is actually a running joke in the family.  However, last month, I decided to stop ordering...  Just stop and I didn't miss it.  As a matter of fact, I like not keeping an eye out for packages!  

Full disclosure-- I ordered a couple kim gravel things this weekend. Two tops, a pair of pants and a jacket for spring.  The free shipping was a motivating factor.  However, random free shipping on one or two items per show is not enough, especially if I don't want the actual item.   

I still watch but much less than before.  I turn the chanel more because the hosts are SO ANNOYING.  I get so sick of hearing how many items have sold, the phones are on fire, and how many of each color is left.  They don't review the items very well.  Sometimes items will be sold out before they even show all the colors.  They don't let the vendors talk. They repeat the same catch phrases over and over.  Some of them are so fake in their shock and delight of items and prices.  It actually insults my intelligence at times.  

I think the beauty and skincare items are a good deal, BUT I can't commit to super sizes anymore. 

I've enjoyed not ordering!  And I am plan to continue to pull back from QVC.  I think they are stuck in an old mdel that doesn't work for me anymore and need to work on a few things to get me back regularly ordering.  It will be nice once I get the orders and can go back to not expecting anything. LOL.