Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you use auto delivery?

ITA on the Auto Delivery.  When I first place an order I may choose the Auto Delivery option just in case.  Within the first month I delay the Delivery date.  I don't know how people go through enough product to warrant a 3 or 6 month auto delivery on some items. You are correct, if you don't change those auto deliveries you end up with way more product and spent way more money than you needed to,

The food items would scare me.  If you did auto delivery and Easy Pay, you may be paying for mulitple orders at the same time.  Likely that food is long gone and you are still paying

Esteemed Contributor

I use auto delivery on items that I use all the time. (Body Butter, skincare routine, popcorn) When I receive the monthly summary of auto delivery then I go thru and check what's on the list. It reminds me to check the cabinet and take count of what I have. I'll edit it at the time or cancel if I have found a better deal) It really works well for my needs.

Esteemed Contributor

You have to keep on top of it. I have some IT makeup on AD.

I usually postpone a shipment or two if I haven't used it up and need any currently.

I always get emails alerting me so I have time to decide whether or not  to stop or delay shipment.

Respected Contributor

I had same issue with too many products on hand, so couple years ago after taking an on hand inventory, I either stopped/canceled some or delayed shipments. Now I rarely order on auto delivery. I will caution people to be careful because some of my auto delivery products have shown up either on air or on line at a much lower price. Dr Denese hydroshield is one example. I check auto delivery online frequently. They also send email reminders s couple weeks in advance of scheduled shipping.
Honored Contributor

yes on skin care with all three channels.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only use it for IT BBUE concealor.  My sister and I both love it and can't do without it so I do auto delivery which ensures that we don't run out.  We switch off on who gets the new one when it comes.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Amazon has a program similar to auto delivery. 

You can "subscribe" to various items and specify the frequency, e.g. every month, every two months, etc.  and it covers the spectrum of products from hair dye to slow cooker liners to biodegradable recycle bags to canned food items to Pop Tarts.

Plus ... depending on the number of items you've subscribed to, there is a discount.   About a week before your ship date, you get an email reminder and have the ability to "skip" or cancel an item.

Really handy ... I use it for a number of items that I buy regularly.  Just my hair dye - I save about $5 per box via Amazon vs. Walgreens.

Respected Contributor

Q used to notify me of upcoming automatic deliveries but I no longer received these? It was a great service. I try to check monthly or so but have cut down on all but a couple as dont want to receive unwanted shipments if I do  forget. It has happened a few times.

Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

I don't, but I push deliveries out at least 6 months, and often cancel before I get the first autodelivery!

I do the same.  I always select AD if it is available.  Many times I don't get the first AD either.  I find I have moved on or still have too much of the product still to use.  When they say something is a 3 month supply, it is always longer than that for me.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I never use auto delivery or easy pay.  I am always offered auto delivery on Amazon and Chewy, but have never used them.  I've been tempted on my dog and cat food but am just never positive about the dates.  I don't want to end up with too much.

@NickNack 

With 4 cats, too much is NOT an issue.  

Hungry Kiitties are craetive!

What brand do you use, if you don’t mind sharing?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras