Valued Contributor

Do you think QVC will stop accepting checks?

I wonder, now that QVC accepts PayPal, if they're planning to stop accepting checks.  What do you think?  I remember being shocked years ago that HSN did not accept checks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think QVC will stop accepting checks?

If it's more trouble than it's worth, they will.

Trusted Contributor

If It's making them money overall why would they stop? 

Respected Contributor

I am probably one of the few people who still use paper checks..I am surprised the Q still accepts paper checks and I think they should continue because everyone doen't conduct their business online.  I can see the Q accepting checks going forward just not paper but an E-check where the funds will come out of the account quicker.  

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised they still accept them.  I'm guessing they still accept them because most that use them go through with the purchase and the check doesn't bounce.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No idea -  but they could -   if it's less expensive for them to use Paypal or if too many people use worthless checks or if so few people use checks that it's not worth being set up to accept them.

I'd never heard that HSN does not accept checks, but I don't watch or buy there so it's not surprising that I didn't know.

Esteemed Contributor

I did not know they did take them.  I feel much safer using Paypal or my credit card.  Our mail has gotten worse over time and I would wonder if they got the check.  

Honored Contributor

I know other shopping channels haven't in a long time.

Went for my annual physical today & there was a sign indicating "checks will no longer be accepted after 11/1/18".   Interestingly, they never took cash so I assume it's cc/debit card.

I'm thinking the fees on "bad checks" is astronomical and chasing people is a pain.

Honored Contributor

I can't see why they should. My daughter worked in a retail shopping my town 10+ years ago, and they stopped accepting checks during her time there.  It went over just fine. Customers just use other options. 

Honored Contributor

i think they should stop taking paper checks in the mail and switch over to accepting online checks. buyers would have to input their routing number and account number when they are placing their orders.

i think more people use the check feature to "hold" items than they actually do to purchase items.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein