Honored Contributor

Do you really want or use that software????

[ Edited ]

I just have to vent---I laugh every time QVC sells electronics they always count the WORTHLESS software as part of their "savings"....

Show of hands-----

How many people actually WANT or USE this software.... Grokker $44--Fitness Program, America's Test Kitchen--- recipes plenty on the internet--$20, Personal Creations $10---personalize gifts--really, Webster's Dictonary $30,---free google dictionaries are available !!  ---A $104 dollar value-----yah, right....🙄

All people want is the tablet they say the retail price is 149 + $9 memory card --Now comparing just these two items the savings is about $10 (QVC's price is $109, and Ive seen it for $119 elsewhere)......Of course if you have Prime or use another retailer the delivery time will probably be a lot less....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you really want or use that software????

It's all just to "bulk up" the package so it looks like a good deal. Honestly, I wouldn't buy electronics here. 

Respected Contributor

@Spurt @GenXmuse I agree with you both. They bump up the value with software that is seldom used or can be found via other apps for free. Same tactics with beauty sets where they throw in an odd eye shadow palette or sticky lip gloss, when all I want is the core product at a good value.

Esteemed Contributor

You had me on the $30 dictionary.  Is anyone really falling for it?  Seems like it should be illegal.  Is it actually a thing?

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

You had me on the $30 dictionary.  Is anyone really falling for it?  Seems like it should be illegal.  Is it actually a thing?

@Still Raining 

Yep its a thing, but prices range from FREE DOWNLOAD to $14.95 if purchased separately....In the host presentations they broke down the value of each software item during the presentation on the TV screen and listed it as $29.95. This dictionary apparently talks to you...SMH..On QVC's website on the product description it said a software package was included with purchase, but no price breakdown.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I agree, completely. 

"I never changed, I just learned."
Esteemed Contributor

I have no use for any of that software.  When I need a dictionary, I ask Alexa.