Super Contributor

Re: Do you place your order by phone?

They have a survey on the forums and the question has to do with how we order. The large majority order via computer. When I discovered QVC many years ago, I ordered by phone until I found automated ordering. And that only lasted until I found the convenience of ordering online. Then I never looked back.

Esteemed Contributor

I usually order by automated ordering. The reason being is that I don't keep my computer on when I am not actually on it. It would take more time to power up, log on, etc. It's really quick with the automated ordering as far as I am concerned.

Respected Contributor

I don't like ordering on the phone bc I like having my receipt to save to my computer right then. I have only ordered by phone once when the website was down. I think it's true about elderly customers. They probably make up the majority of phone orders. Or if ppl want to apply for a Q card at the same time.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

Even when I'm sitting here reading the forums, I order by telephone! Right now I'm watching something on CNBC and during commercials, I might tune into QVC for a minute (or do a tiny chore or...)

Anyway, should I happen to want something they're selling, I call. And, yes, sometimes I do have to wait or I do have to use automated ordering because they have no operators available.

Respected Contributor

I order online, but I know several people who actually don't have a computer.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

I order online only. I have a computer, so it's my preferred way of doing things.

Esteemed Contributor

I order online....

Honored Contributor

Maybe they have a way to count online orders and just lump it all together.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it sounds unreasonable for 1000 people to be on the phone ordering. I occasionally use automated ordering.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/17/2014 Kjelle said: I don't like ordering on the phone bc I like having my receipt to save to my computer right then. I have only ordered by phone once when the website was down. I think it's true about elderly customers. They probably make up the majority of phone orders. Or if ppl want to apply for a Q card at the same time.

FYI, they e-mail you a confirmation order/receipt with automated ordering.