Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have retun items often?

I have returned some things from VPH, but mostly I like the stuff for the price.

Respected Contributor

@Fritz123 I think I have been a customer since 2005 0r 2006 and have only returned two items in that span of time--a Vitamix blender that I purchased as a gift for my daughter and son-in-law in 2012 or thereabouts.  They didn't want it and returned it.  (I think the real reason was they thought it was too much for me to spend.)

The second item was in autumn, 2017.  I had ordered the Junior's "Piecaken" and a pumpkin cheesecake was delivered in error.  Customer service told me to keep it or donate it as I saw fit and they did then send out the correct item.

Other than that, no returns from me for kitchen, clothing, purses,   shoes, jewelry, toys, Duraflame fireplace heaters, or home decor.

Usually, whether purchasing online, via catalogue, or in person I consider my purchases carefully with very little impulse buying, unless an item is meant to be a very inexpensive "fun" piece.

There are a few things that QVC carries that I will never purchase again, especially Temp-tations that I originally really liked but became very disenchanted with as the quality control eroded steadily. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've had bad luck, I guess.  Over the last couple years, I've returned almost everything -- or household items broke shortly after the 30-day return period -- so I've quit watching and ordering.  

(p.s. I've found Valerie items at Big Lots and LTD catalog)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

No, I 've returned very few things since I began shopping in 1988. I have a 1% return rate.
Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

Not too often because I've become more selective with what I order.

I have to agree, I really pay attention to reviews, I probably have returned less than 10 items in the last 6 or 7 years I have been shopping on line.  However I am not a big shopper.  Home decor items I usually go to Ross or TJmaxx Home stores, TJMaxx has beautiful home decor itemsSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Mainly just clothes as they never seem to fit me or look as good as they should. So I have cut out ordering clothes as it's just way to expensive to return. 

Respected Contributor

I’ve returned two items since 1998.  Two cheap electronics (they didn’t even work for 7 year old nephews at the time.)  It was a CIJ item at the time so I could return until January.  I rarely buy clothing anymore.  I read reviews, look elsewhere for beauty/kitchen items.  Some things I donate, or give clothing to others. In the early days got lots of Susan Graver pieces at much more reasonable pricing.  If I want to pay near $70 for a top, I look around.  But my early liquid knit pieces look like the day I opened the bag.  But I’m much more selective on my purchases.  Way down from a few years ago.

Honored Contributor

I'm getting ready to box up a lot of items to be returned.  I ordered the wrong size Isaac Shirts (4 of them)  They're way too big.

Then there's wigs and on and on.  It's going to take 2 big boxes to get it all back.

I've had back surgery and my daughter's been visiting from Denver for 3 weeks so it's time to gather it all up (this weekend) and send it back.

Very seldom do I need to send back things because it was QVC's fault.  Most of the time I've misjudged the sizes.

However, I did order 2 necklaces and I wore one just one time and the stone fell out.  I'll send it back but first I'll call QVC to tell them it's coming.  I've had to do that a few times over the years.

I'd say without a doubt as far as liking the QVC stuff, most of it is very good quality.  Like most of you though, I'm not hard on clothes.  With me it's because I don't do much so the minute I come in the house, I change into my slob clothes....really, they are a sight for sore eyes!  Ha!

Anyway, to answer your question, I send things back all of the time.  Since everything is easy pay, there isn't a lot of money I get back and it's my mistake, not QVC's.

Contributor

I agree they need to have a catagory for returns that says defective. So sorry  to hear about the air conditioner. That just is not ok Smiley Sad