Contributor

Do you have retun items often?

Often decor items appear different in person to me and I end up returning.  Example Valeries TSV from 6/30. Also boxwood candle rings that looked great on camera but when I got it the decorations were coming off. 

Anyone feel the same ?

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have retun items often?

[ Edited ]

Yes, I have received home decor items that just were not as nice as on-air appearance, hence returned.  Over the last year several of Valeries wreaths that I received were poor quality yet they looked good on air...returned due to poor quality.   Now, yesterday I received 2 pkgs of Bethlehem Lights TSV glitter twigs and 1 pkg was open, extremely damaged and will not try to use the item....returning today as damaged! I have previously received damaged and/or defective items which were returned for refund or replacement. As far as clothing I know the right size to orer of some brands, but some styles in different brands fit differently or the fabric is undesireable.  Shoe size may be correct, but fit on the foot is the decision. Many of the rayon/poly/span tops I find unflattering and dislike the slinky, light weight fabric, return as unsatisfactory.

Respected Contributor

I don’t typically buy home decor, but clothing mainly.

I find I return about 20% of all purchases.

Contributor

YES!

The sizing is so consistent and widely differs with each vendor. Then it's a game of try, keep, or return. Repeat, with the next vendor.  I've had to return clothing that are different fits for the same item.  I received several of someone else's order and returned at my expense. 

I will understand if I get a "closed account" letter but there have been reasons why I return items.

Respected Contributor

I was able to cut down on my returns by researching and by reading the product/clothing reviews (not just on QVC). I ordered a lot of "as is" items and had to return some of the items. Then there was the occasional clothing/home decoration pieces returned because there were defects, clothing items did not fit, and some items I just did not like.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't return items often but when I do it's 90% because of sizing issues. I read all the reviews, watch the videos, etc. I find it frustrating when 90% of the time they state that the item runs true to size when it does not. It may on the models but I'm not a model. It's especially difficult when I'm purchasing clothing for my DIL because she's a petite, curvey woman.

I have had better luck with the home decor and holiday items. The only things I returned were broken in shipping or the wrong item. 

Returns to me are such a hassel that I try to avoid it and really think about purchasing anything for a long time.

Respected Contributor

@Fritz123 wrote:

Often decor items appear different in person to me and I end up returning.  Example Valeries TSV from 6/30. Also boxwood candle rings that looked great on camera but when I got it the decorations were coming off. 

Anyone feel the same ?

I have returned many items in the past two months.  Clothing mostly.

Honored Contributor

Very rarely have a return.  I would never buy the house junk they sell you can buy on the cheap at any department store. QVC sells a lot of JUNK over the holidays. I can not believe what I see being sold.....

Respected Contributor

Not too often because I've become more selective with what I order.

Honored Contributor

It's rare I returned anything I just didn't like.  The majority has been damaged, defective, sizing issues, and poor quality. 

QVC doesn't have a category on the return receipt for "sloppy manufacturing," products that should have been factory rejects...have had those I called defective.  

A few things were not presented accurately such as the Christmas sled that presented as bright red on TV.  Hosts called it red, was actually a faded dark brownish red.  Some colors show up differently over TV than they are. On my TV, purple shows up as blue, but it does on QVC's monitors, too. Carolyn always makes a point of telling us that. Hosts should be describing the products accurately.

Between mid-2017 and through 2018, I had a 40% return rate overall with all purchases.  It was also the time I purchased quite a few things.  Notified QVC's customer care of some of the worst as complaints about the company's quality control, also left reviews as evidence.  But, despite the 40%, I did receive some nice products, mostly gardening, Martha Stewart, Louis DellOlio, and Nearly Natural.  

Things started out well for 2019 until I received a 90 lb defective portable AC.  The review rating is around 2.0 at this time.  Most buyers are very unhappy with it.  QVC should know better than to sell something like this.  That may be the straw that broke the camel's back as far as shopping at QVC.