Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Amazon isn't always so speedy.  Right now I'm getting Walmart deliveries through UPS and Fedex faster than Amazon.  

Same here.....not sure why I paid for Prime...Walmart sends it fast by Fedex, 2 days... 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

I could be wrong, but I thought Amazon has some kind of a partnership with UPS or FedEx or something?  Amazon gets preferential treatment?    Just something I'd heard.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I do not really think about it. Besides, lately, like with other retailers, Amazon deliveries have been delayed and even lost.  i usually am thankful these days that deliveries arrive within a reasonable time.  Of course, that does not mean that I always am as patient as I could be.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you ever wonder why?

[ Edited ]

@2Kittys wrote:

I purchased several items last Fri from Amazon. One item already got delivered yesterday, and the rest will be delivered by this Fri. WHY, WHY, WHY, can't the other shopping shows do the same? Amazon is pretty big, and yet they can get your purchase out the door the very next day!

@2Kittys 

Amazon has their own fleet of trucks and vans and also hires independent contractors to deliver packages.....  and most stores dont require a $129 prime membership to assure speedy delivery like Amazon...

Since developing its own delivery network in 2018, Amazon has built a growing fleet of 30,000 last-mile delivery vans and trucks. .

Amazon's Delivery Fleet Reaches 30K Vehicles | PYMNTS.com

Amazon doubles truck fleet to 20,000 to boost shipping capacity amid  booming holiday sales - GeekWire

By land and by air, Amazon delivery hardware takes on a new look in truck  and plane photos - GeekWire

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Amazon isn't always so speedy.  Right now I'm getting Walmart deliveries through UPS and Fedex faster than Amazon.  

Same here.....not sure why I paid for Prime...Walmart sends it fast by Fedex, 2 days... 

That assumes Fedex is in the mood to deliver it... They often aren't... UPS is my resource of choice when given a choice...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@cbrite wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

That assumes Fedex is in the mood to deliver it... They often aren't... UPS is my resource of choice when given a choice...

@stevieb 

Me too Stevie....UPS is my choice....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”