Honored Contributor

I don’t give a rat’s patooty about a “certain talk show host”. I’ve never cared for her & certainly don’t purchase a product just because she touts it. I JUST DON’T CARE! That goes for red carpet and celebrities, too! I purchase. Product and decide for myself whether or not I like it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Its kind of insulting that they think people would just of course want to buy things because a celebrity does. 

But maybe some people are influenced.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Fitzallen

You lost me when you said you are watching the presentation! lol

I only watch if I am interested in buying something. I’m not. 

And, no, I don’t care who likes something. My opinion is the only one hat matters when I am shopping. 

Regular Contributor

Thought it was just me can't stand anything "celeb" they should also stay out of politics

Honored Contributor

I don't care about other celebrity endorsements but anything Oprah puts on her lists is saying the items are ususally great.  Her staff finds most of them, tests them , etc and then recommends them for her list.  It's kind of like the Good Housekeeping recommendations - not because it's Oprah but because these products have been researched, tested and tried by many and pronounced great products.   

Honored Contributor

I tend to run the other way when a celebrity's name is attached to something.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't never did

However I can see using this as a selling tool when Oprah's show was on, but it has not been on in 8? years. 

so move on from the past and sell the product on its merits 

Honored Contributor

I don’t care if a celebrity wears this brand or not. If I like it I buy it.  

Valued Contributor

I usually can't afford to buy stuff celebrites buy! LOL

Respected Contributor
They're trying to appeal to the more "upscale shopper" who they believe follows celebrity fashion and influencer blogs/YouTube channels. As someone who enjoys fashion and has visited some influencer sites, this type of clothing really isn't shown or worn much. They'd do better appealing to regular middle class shoppers looking for comfort who are willing to spend those prices regardless of who else wears it.