Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Do you buy from shopping channels because of "vendor rep" or host"?

It doesn't matter to me who the hosts or vendors are: I essentially shop online.

Respected Contributor

Hosts do not influence me.  I DVR and purchase only certain brands from QVC.  Though I will admit I enjoy some hosts more than others. I wish they would bring back Shawn Killinger for PM Style, but I do like the 7:00 p.m. starting time.  I do understand they want either Shawn or Rick to do the TSV most nights. Shawn was more interesting representing the various products.

Regular Contributor

@Suzeecat , I completely agree!  He is the only host that I  completely can't stand his sales tactics. I remember commenting on a post about that many moons ago and most people seem to love him.  To each their own, I just change the channel

Honored Contributor

I buy from QVC because it's a convenience. I don't have a favorite host or vendor, in fact many times I won't buy something right away because a certain host is presenting and I don't want them to get credit for the sale. Let's face it, the Q doesn't sell out of things like they used to.

Esteemed Contributor

No. I don't buy from shopping channels at all and don't enjoy lengthy but non informational sales pitches of any kind from hosts or vendors. For example, no host or vendor would ever show on air how to remove and clean a vacuum agitator bar of long hair that got wrapped around it as that may not be easy to do but they would only show a vacuum cleaning up spilled whatever from the floor ad nauseum.

But poorly done or bad sales pitches do stand out for the wrong reasons.

Super Contributor

I watch for what is being sold, not for the host. Not even David Venable is enough of a draw for me to watch becase he's hosting.