Valued Contributor

Re: Do you buy from shopping channels because of "vendor rep" or host"?

yes....the hosts presentations are important .if I am considering a purchase.Several of the hosts ,I will not watch as I know there will be a lot of time wasted,while they discuss personal stories and how many of each item they have purchased.I like the professional hosts,the ones that seem interested in doing a good job

,and not making them the center of the show!

Respected Contributor

The vendor does not influence me to buy, but I refuse to give my money to some vendors regardless of the product.

Honored Contributor

These days, there are a few hosts that I simply don't enjoy watching at all.  So if they're presenting something that might be of interest to me, I sometimes will check back on line later.

Honored Contributor

No, however, some hosts/vendors really turn me off, therefore I'm more likely not to watch to see the items they are presenting.

Esteemed Contributor

Anything I buy from QVC or any other on-line retailer is because I don't enjoy going out shopping the way I used to.  I find a better selection on-line anyway. 

I don't purchase anything because of a vendor or host.

Honored Contributor

There are no hosts or vendors that influence my choices.  However, if a vendor or mostly a host is doing the "hard sell" or  "acting" too much, I change the channel and, therefore, do not place any orders.  Very few QVC programs I really enjoy any more so don't tune in much.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A host's or vendor's sales pitch does not influence my decision to buy a product....I watch the presentations to hopefully gather more information about a product what it can do and it's limitations....with clothing sizing and how it looks on petite model, the fabric construction...etc....I also check reviews if it's an existing item and info online...And a host going through the colors for the umpteenth time definitely does NOT influence me...Woman Frustrated

THIS IS SOMETHING NEW FOR ME-- (The exception is Jim Shore QVC Exclusives) Too many annoying hosts now-so this is where a host comes into play for me..Normally I turn the channel if the show has a host that I find annoying, even if it's a product I'm interested in,. I just dont want that annoying host to get credit for a sale.....I will check the Program Guide and see when there's another show and I wait and watch and order at another time with a host I do like. Or I'll wait until the day after the shows and make an online purchase, these sales are counted separately as a non-presented online purchase and categorized separately. ..(In their last financial report QVC disclosed how sales are counted.) 

There are so few items and vendors on QVC that I even like anymore...and even if the item gets sold out...I can find it or something similar  through another retailer online or in store...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SunValley wrote:

The vendor does not influence me to buy, but I refuse to give my money to some vendors regardless of the product.

@SunValley 

There's several vendors I find disingenuous in their presentations, they leave out some important details, or leave out certain facts that reflects flaws in the product.......And I, like you; refuse to buy their products either from QVC or other retail stores...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Because of the person SPECIFICALLY? No. 

That said, if they are inept at explaining their product, there is a good chance I will simply move on and not look back/not purchase. If they do a great job about explaining the product and it's something I need, there is a greater possibility I will buy it due to receiving the information I was looking for.

NOTHING will turn me off faster than the fast talking, slick sales spiel of a used car salesman when it comes to a product. I'm finding that HSN has become more and more like those late night infomercials with their exaggerated speech, hard sell and fake smiles. Some on QVC are like that as well. No sale for me!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @shaggygirl , like you I enjoyed learning about the IT products from the “inventor” and some I like and continue to buy, some I didn’t like and don’t buy anymore.  They use to introduce like one product at a time.  Now that the “inventor” has cashed out, they are just throwing so many products out there that are indistinguishable to me from the other products.  So don’t watch.  I keep an eye out for new products online, and will check out a presentation if it sparks my curiosity.  It cosmetics does have my favorite foundation (brightening cc cream - after trying like 4 others).  I also liked the eye cc cream — these creams have spf — but I think it was discontinued.  My AD was anyway.  I like Josie’s products — árgan oils, concealers, color compact, and enjoy watching her.  I have bought too many scrubs and body butters too, which are good but not special, so I don’t watch anymore so I am not tempted.  She can sell me anything, and I do love the products.  Trying the Milk now....