Honored Contributor

Re: Do you buy from shopping channels because of "vendor rep" or host"?

Nope I buy what I like.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I do NOT order from HOSTS who talk faster than the speed of light, mispronounce words, make up words and make inane comments.  I do order from hosts who clearly and calmly give accurate PRODUCT INFORMATION instead of too much personal information. So, my purchases are influenced by the individual who is the QVC HOST.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I continue to order two IT products that have been on the Q for a long time. In fact I just a short time ago reordered one of them, a set of lip stains, love those and I also continue buying Tightline mascara. HOWEVER, it's been a long time since I could stand listening to the IT vendors thus I never watch their shows so if they've been introducing new products in the last year or so I won't be trying them because I won't be knowing about them. 

So the windup of that is......the vendor presentations actually PREVENT me from buying any other or any new products.

Respected Contributor

Some vendor reps are much better than others. I will watch only if the person is not annoying. That being said, I don't think it influences my conscious purchasing decsions.  But subconsicously, who knows.  If someone is annoying, they may make the product seem less desirable.

Esteemed Contributor

I usually don't care who is hosting and will buy what i am interested in..................BUT there are a couple hosts i find

unwatchable  so i will avoid those few shows

Honored Contributor

I don't watch much anymore so no, hosts nor vendors influence purchases. There was a time in the past when there were a few hosts I enjoyed and so would be more likely to watch if they were on and who could occasioally convince me to give something a try. Even then, though, for the most part, if I wasn't interested then I wasn't interested. I can't remember s single vendor who has held any sway whatsoever. For the most part and given some exceptions, I always found most vendors to be a bit superfluous.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

The last time I can remember an OAP influencing my purchase was Gary, the guy that sold Boyds Bears.  I may have fallen for a Thomas Kinkade pitch back in the day as well. 

Trusted Contributor

I realize the hosts do not work on commission, but TPTB keep track of sales while the hosts are on air.  I won't buy when certain hosts are on air.  Just won't do it because I don't care for them.  

Respected Contributor

I can't watch Rick Domeier, I just can't  He makes me hyperventilate.  When he's not talking he's poised to pounce, shaking until he can interrupt and interject the next sales pitch.  I often wonder if he's like that in "normal" conversation or if he can turn it on and off. 

Honored Contributor

No  ... but there are certain vendors I don't lke and won't buy their products.  

And ... there are certain hosts I don't like and won't watch their shows.