Honored Contributor

Do you buy from shopping channels because of "vendor rep" or host"?

[ Edited ]

I read posts here asking where certain vendors & hosts are?  Mostly they are on vacation enjoying free time & enjoying life🙂

Do you buy a item based on whose presenting it? I don't, in fact, I hardly know any of them since the older hosts are leaving.

(I corrected the words running together -- either me or IPad messed up🤔 spacing -- hoping it's the IPad😉)

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you buy from shopping channels because of "vendor rep" or host"?

No...personalities don't influence my buying preferences,

Esteemed Contributor

we wonder where they are when they don’t show up when we expect them to. It’s Human nature.  I  will not watch if I can’t stand the presenters unless it is something I already wanted to buy and want to see in a presentation.  So to the extent that I enjoy watching the presenters, that will keep me watching and I may buy something I wasn’t planning to.  If I am not watching and don’t know about the product, I won’t buy. Some presenters are very good at sharing information that will keep us watching even if we don’t like the product.  I felt Lisa Robertson had that ability.  She would discuss what styles were flattering to what body types, colors, etc.  She would discuss styling. Louis Dell Ollio has his moments.  I used to love the Ramseys on the old shopnbc.  I like jay king on hsn.  I used to love Mally, but lost interest after she went off air for a while.  Same with Chaz Dean.  I don’t find any other current presenters compelling, and man6 I just don’t like.  Most of the time I don’t watch, just browse online.  But sometimes i’ll check the channel.

Respected Contributor

Salespeople make no diff to me. I rarely watch anything on qvc anymore, but I do occasionally buy something from the website. I view qvc as just another retailer when 

I am searching for something.

Respected Contributor

No.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I buy and/or watch because of the products and hosts/vendors have nothing to do with it for me!

Valued Contributor

no I only buy items I can't buy in a regular store. I don't like paying exaggerated prices.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely not. If I’m interested in a product I watch.

However my shopping is very limited these days. I just don’t “need” things like I once did.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, not at all, I buy what I like, not because of hosts, sales tactics, or because I like a particular vendor. 

In no way would I buy anything because a host had influence over me. I'm not a teen idolizing QVC hosts. 

I am more likely to watch vendors whose products or clothes I like.  Doesn't mean they will influence me to buy.  But, because I'm watching, if I see something I like, I might buy it.  Of course, if I don't watch, I don't buy.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never watch because of a certain host or vendor.  I avoid watching a certain host because she acts like a diva.  I watch if I'm interested in the products.  

As it is, I watch some of the two gold days each year.  Otherwise, I might tune in occasionally if there is something of interest and, even then, it isn't for the whole hour. I do shop online but I always compare prices elsewhere before buying.  Most of what Q offers can be found elsewhere for less.