Trusted Contributor

It's just my opinion, but I find the way the models are styled such a mixed bag.

For example, in general I think they look very nice for the Linea shows.  Really well put together.  I suppose Louis has a lot of imput there, so they look fine.

Then there are the LOGO shows.  Another story.  I like a lot of Logo tops, and have purchased a number of them, but DESPITE how they look on those poor models. 

Amy somehow manages to pull off her look, but she's about the only one.  Almost no one looks good.  I haven't watched in a while now, but there was a period when there was this black, kind of pointed hat (very like a witch's hat) that would frequently be put on Brenda.  Now, Brenda is so pretty and looks great in just about anything, but that hat in combination with those tops just looked so strange.  Every time I saw this, and it was several times, I thought to myself "Brenda can't be happy about wearing that hat."

Yes, there are some strange styling things going on behind the scenes. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do we know for a fact

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie

Ive seen some fashion shows where they brought out and introduced "the stylist"....And like you, I find some of the combinations rather odd, or they dress a couple of the models in the same color, when there are plenty of colors to choose from.

And as someone else said, sometimes the designers chose the outfits for the models.

Also, sometimes the host of a fashion show, pick their own outfits....Leah has often mentioned this on AM STYLE she chose her outfit....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Hi @Imaoldhippie, I didn't watch the show, not a QF fan (tho I have bought a piece or 2), but QVC does have sylists.  Maybe they called in sick!  Many designer vendors dress the models (I have heard Louis Dell Ollio, Bob Mackie, Dennis Basso describe how they put the outfit together, or fuss when their instructions are not followed), but QF is QF...

@NYCLatinaMe  :LDO puts his outfits together and brings all the accessories for them except some of the shoes which he borrows from (occasionally he has said) Marc Fisher.

Honored Contributor

My guess is that the wrong sizes are in the back and don't fit the models.  So they improvise.

I have seen models wearing shoes that looked a few sizes too big.

Honored Contributor

There is no excuse for the models not to look good in the clothes, they are models and are supposed to look good in everything. It goes without saying that the fashions should fit the models, the Q is doing the customers a disservice when the clothes do not fit the models.