Honored Contributor

who dresses the models?  Is it a fashion "expert" or the models themselves?

Im talking in particular yesterday evenings QF show.  Good grief what a disaster IMO.  Angel and Mary Beth was showing a printed sweater best described as a Monet type print.  The model came out in the sweater with that monstrosity of a jumper on over the sweater.  Mary Beth stated she did not like it with the jumper and Angel said it did not show how pretty the sweater is.   

There was several other horrible outfits that were shown.  Of course this is all my opinion.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I think someone is supposed to be helping them in the back.  ??

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I think someone is supposed to be helping them in the back.  ??

@qualitygal  Is that someone a fashion expert or just one of the clean-up crew?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do we know for a fact

[ Edited ]

It gets me when they are selling a top and they cover the whole thing up with a huge  scarf...........lol

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma

Agree! Or they cover it up with a jacket, sweater, etc., which makes me think that the top must not look good on it's own or fit well, if they feel the need to cover it up, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Imaoldhippie, I didn't watch the show, not a QF fan (tho I have bought a piece or 2), but QVC does have sylists.  Maybe they called in sick!  Many designer vendors dress the models (I have heard Louis Dell Ollio, Bob Mackie, Dennis Basso describe how they put the outfit together, or fuss when their instructions are not followed), but QF is QF...

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom I think they do do that...If I can't see an item well, or sometimes they won't show the back, I think that is a sign, DON'T GET.  If it doesn't look good on the models, no hope on me....

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

It gets me when they are selling a top and they cover the whole thing up with a huge  scarf...........lol

@MalteseMomma, I think they do this on purpose -- there is something wrong with the top that they want to hide.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

There are stylists.  I've seen Isaac readjust and outfit if it doesn't showcase an item appropriate.  QVC likes to show you different ways one can wear an item of clothing.  I'm not interested in that, I just want to see the item.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@KingstonsMom I think they do do that...If I can't see an item well, or sometimes they won't show the back, I think that is a sign, DON'T GET.  If it doesn't look good on the models, no hope on me....

@NYCLatinaMe

My thoughts exactly! Why are they hiding what it looks like on it's own? LOL!

I pass every time, which is quite often.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.