Honored Contributor

Re: Do we care what hosts have bought before a show or what they want to buy?

@beach-mom wrote:

Not really. When I first watched QVC I believed them, then I learned it was a sales tactic.

I do believe some of the hosts wear the fashions and use the products they sell. I believe Carolyn owns some Denim and Company pieces. David has shown pictures of his Le Creuset pieces. However I don't think Shawn and Amy are gaga over Isaac's and Lori's pieces, even though they seem to be. Smiley Wink

Also, for some items (kitchen ware, beauty/cosmetics, etc.) many times the hosts are sent the items before they are shown so they can present them with more information.  They must get a lot of items that they can keep so that is why they have a lot of QVC items in addition to any they actually order.

Honored Contributor

@AngelLove2 wrote:
Marlo Smith,from HSN , recently purchased on air. She got her cell phone and told everyone she was ordering. She stopped talking and the cameras cut away. To me, it was tacky. All about me!!

Shannon Smith on HSN does that all the time.  She must have 2-4 of all the kitchen items she orders as many times she says she has to order "another" (grill, blender, etc.).  She has her phone with her and orders while  hosting too.

Esteemed Contributor

I find some hosts are more credible than others.  If I think a host is BSing, I won't pay any attention to whether they bought an item.  I find Carolyn to be one of the more credible types on qvc and I might listen to what she says she has purchased and likes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To me its just another ineffective sales gimmick...whether a host buys something means NOTHING to me.....

And the hosts can certainly purchase what they want and wear, but I think it's rather "cheeky" when they are doing a QVC FASHION SHOW and wear something from their own closet from another retailer.....To me they should show some respect for the company they work for and wear QVC clothing lines while doing a QVC show!  Its a bit embarrassing when the social media person has to tell someone that the item the host is wearing is "from their own closet"........They can wear what they want on their own time.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Occasional Contributor

If it upsets you that much and you know that hosts will mention this, you really don't have to watch. 

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@AngelLove2 wrote:
Marlo Smith,from HSN , recently purchased on air. She got her cell phone and told everyone she was ordering. She stopped talking and the cameras cut away. To me, it was tacky. All about me!!

Shannon Smith on HSN does that all the time.  She must have 2-4 of all the kitchen items she orders as many times she says she has to order "another" (grill, blender, etc.).  She has her phone with her and orders while  hosting too.

Lol Shannon  always has some condition, some reference, some story about everything she sales.  

Honored Contributor

I don't watch much QVC "live" anymore but tonight I tried to watch Curtis Stone on HSN.  

The host Shannon was out of control with the sales tactics, shopping with her phone & totally "drooling" over the food he was cooking!!!  As much as I wanted to watch I had to turn it off -- even he was eating like Wolfgang does...yuck🙄

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

To me its just another ineffective sales gimmick...whether a host buys something means NOTHING to me.....

And the hosts can certainly purchase what they want and wear, but I think it's rather "cheeky" when they are doing a QVC FASHION SHOW and wear something from their own closet from another retailer.....To me they should show some respect for the company they work for and wear QVC clothing lines while doing a QVC show!  Its a bit embarrassing when the social media person has to tell someone that the item the host is wearing is "from their own closet"........They can wear what they want on their own time.......

I so agree with you @Spurt .  I don't get why QVC doesn't require it.   

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shannon Smith is a channel changer for me. Soooooo fake.

Remember it's a shopping channel. They all use are sales tactics, some not so subtle.

Esteemed Contributor

I do not! A lot of women are fooled into ordering more because they think these hosts are there friends.