Frequent Contributor

Re: Do we care what hosts have bought before a show or what they want to buy?

There was a time, many years ago, when the hosts were not allowed to pre-order anything before their shows.  I remember them explaining that they needed to give customers the opportunity to get their sizes first.  A few of them would keep their fingers crossed that their size didn't sell out before they got off the air.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

some do some don't

no biggie....

it such a small thing, unless of course it's just another jab at a certain host which is what i see in the posting history.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

If you see any of the hosts wearing cute clothes on air, you can bet they didn't get them from QVC. 

Respected Contributor

@Patagonia12 wrote:

There was a time, many years ago, when the hosts were not allowed to pre-order anything before their shows.  I remember them explaining that they needed to give customers the opportunity to get their sizes first.  A few of them would keep their fingers crossed that their size didn't sell out before they got off the air.

Another sales tactic..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

They all say it. Even David. Do I believe them. No. Do I care. No.

Trusted Contributor

No, and for that fact O either, another sales tactic.  Almost annoying as the phone calls.

Valued Contributor

Nope dont care. Maybe I've missed something because I'm not sure how this is a jab at any particular host as they all talk about what they have bought or what they want to buy.
Honored Contributor

The hosts are just people.  We buy stuff from QVC.  Why wouldn't they?  They get free samples and discounts.  

I never thought it made any sense that they couldn't buy something before it was shown--and people used to get really upset about it.  I mean really, you won't get one because Shawn bought a size zero or whatever she wears, so you can't buy one boo hoo?????  Woman Very Happy  That is just silly. 

Trusted Contributor

I remember watching Lisa R back in the day, and she was presenting a blazer-type jacket.  It looked like it was made from burlap, didn't even look good on the models, and while presenting it she asked someone off-camera to order one of each color (3) for her!

They must not have been selling well, I wonder if that helped sales.  I didn't believe she would buy such a thing, let alone in each color.  She used that sales pitch alot.

Honored Contributor

Not really. When I first watched QVC I believed them, then I learned it was a sales tactic.

I do believe some of the hosts wear the fashions and use the products they sell. I believe Carolyn owns some Denim and Company pieces. David has shown pictures of his Le Creuset pieces. However I don't think Shawn and Amy are gaga over Isaac's and Lori's pieces, even though they seem to be. Smiley Wink