Trusted Contributor

Do they still charge for shipping if you return for another size and it’s not available?

I have to return something for a different size. I know the Q doesn't charge shipping for exchanges, but what happens if the size/color you need isn't available? Do they go back and deduct the original shipping and the return from your refund? Or do they waive the shipping because what you need isn't in stock? Can anyone answer from experience? Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Do they still charge for shipping if you return for another size and it’s not available?

Theyre not supposed to charge you shipping if they're unable to fulfill your exchange order.  If they do, let the mods know. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Do they still charge for shipping if you return for another size and it’s not available?

[ Edited ]

@lizzief - You'll still have the original S&H deducted from your refund, but you shouldn't be charged for the return shipping.

From the Q's info page:

What's your policy for exchanges?

If you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, our return policy allows you to send back returns-eligible merchandise within 30 days of the date you received the package for an exchange. Simply use the Q Return Label within 30 days of receipt to return your item for a free replacement of the same item in a different color or size. If your request for an exchange results in any additional merchandise or shipping costs, and you paid by credit card, your credit card will be charged for those additional costs. Payment methods other than a credit card may result in an order cancellation & a refund may be issued. If the requested exchange is no longer available, including items on waitlist and advance order, QVC will issue a refund and not deduct the Q Return Label fee.

Respected Contributor

I returned 2 items over 2 weeks ago and neither has been received but they show inroute. That's why rather than try for an exchange on one item I reordered a different size while it was still in stock. By the time they process my return it would be over 8 weeks from time of placing the original order to receiving a replacement (if available). Ridiculous. You should be able to reorder online and have it sent as soon as the return label is scanned by the shipper. It should be part of the inducement to use their prepaid label.