Honored Contributor

Re: Do the fashions that are showing look outdated to you?

[ Edited ]

@gumboluver wrote:

I guess it's because of the supply chain and pandemic, but the current fashions showing now look so outdated to me.  I am not a fashionista, but in previous years I have ordered most all of my clothes from QVC & HSN.  But the clothes today look like fashions from years ago.  The tired old shark tooth hemlines and still the peblum tops are just not getting it for me.    

@gumboluver 

I wouldnt say that about ALL of QVC's clothing lines, there are a few, just a FEW "rebels" out there that bring some variety, but agree 100% about the shark bite/high low hems and peblum (maternity look) tops---time to retire those styles

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Whispergirl wrote:

And I feel like they all copy each other. For instance now Susan Graver is mostly active wear, casual tops, joggers, everyone is on the stay at home and be comfy band wagon. Of course there are a few exceptions but it’s all getting very old. How many pairs of joggers does a person need.

@Whispergirl 

ITA its like all the vendors "got an email" so almost all QVC's clothing lines look very much the same..🙄😣....These days there doesn't seem to be much variety so I buy less and less clothing from QVC---

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

Most of QVC fashions have always looked outdated to me.  

Respected Contributor

It used to be that Target had some really nice young fashions, very stykush. For the past month or so I have walked through and could only laugh at their dresses - they are Little House n the Prairie .  I am not exaggerating. .. Necklines, ruffles, etc.  Just looking from a distance, no reason to get up close.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I try to buy the classic stuff...I know, boring! But at least I won't be looking outdated any time soon.

@SilleeMee I agree with you.  That's what I do.  I also think with harder times coming companies are sort of backing off of trendy styles and counting on things they think will sell in the new atmosphere.  

And for what I believe will be lower amounts of discretionary money. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I try to buy the classic stuff...I know, boring! But at least I won't be looking outdated any time soon.

@SilleeMee I agree with you.  That's what I do.  I also think with harder times coming companies are sort of backing off of trendy styles and counting on things they think will sell in the new atmosphere.  

And for what I believe will be lower amounts of discretionary money. 

@Sooner 

Yes, exactly...and it seems like clothes now are made for multitasking. Sleepwear can be worn as streetwear which can also be worn as exercise gear or loungewear. Just pick one outfit and wear it everywhere, all of the time...LOL! Saves money.

Honored Contributor

"Outdated" is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. 

But when I see some items like like billowy, cape-like florals or long asymmetric tunics -- I just sigh and shop elsewhere.  I've been primarily shopping elsewhere for a while now.