Honored Contributor

Re: Do shopping channels sell blocks of time (hours) to vendors?

If this is the case, then QVC hosts are faking even more than I thought--saying how they have this product and love it, etc.

Super Contributor

On 3/15/2015 tough_kitty said:
On 3/15/2015 Kachina624 said: There is an annoying WEN infomercial on somewhere on cable/satellite every minute of the day and night. Now there's a company I wish would disappear.
I always wonder, if they are so amazing, how come their products aren't available at the regular stores???

WEN is so amazing he doesn't HAVE to sell it at regular stores.Wink

Frequent Contributor

On 3/14/2015 KYToby said:

Unless you know for certain, you should not make blanket statements like this. You suspet but have no actual knowledge of the situation.

Based on all reports I have seen on QVC plus discussions with employees of other shopping channels, this is not the case.

There you go again with your know-it-all attitude. What is wrong with you?!

Honored Contributor

Well of course they do.

Super Contributor

To make everybody happy. Why doesn't QVC open up a second cable channel for small vendors only. They can keep their original channel for these paying vendors. Liquidation Channel has two channels in my area. More places to target customers.

Honored Contributor

On 3/15/2015 tough_kitty said:
On 3/15/2015 Kachina624 said: There is an annoying WEN infomercial on somewhere on cable/satellite every minute of the day and night. Now there's a company I wish would disappear.
I always wonder, if they are so amazing, how come their products aren't available at the regular stores???

Good question... It might well be that most regular stores selling hair care would consider both that these products aren't priced to move to most customers and that demand for the product is pretty much a niche market... I don't recall even seeing it being sold in salons that carry specialty hair care products.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I've never heard so many complaints on a cosmetic product as I have on WEN. It's a wonder anyone would risk trying it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Sephora carries WEN.
Honored Contributor

Looking at the more lame than lame programming this weekend, it's hard NOT to believe that Q doesn't sell blocks of time and that they aren't in the business of producing what are essentially infomercials for these brands... Dreadful, awful, program options... Dreary, repetitive programming at its absolute miserable worst.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2015 stevieb said:

Looking at the more lame than lame programming this weekend, it's hard NOT to believe that Q doesn't sell blocks of time and that they aren't in the business of producing what are essentially infomercials for these brands... Dreadful, awful, program options... Dreary, repetitive programming at its absolute miserable worst.

The official line is that they do not.

However based on what is on air, there must be some kind of profitable deal going on.