Trusted Contributor

Re: Do not use prepaid return labels!!!

On 6/2/2014 okiebug said:

If you're dropping it off at either the post office or the UPS store, have it scanned and get a tracking number and proof you did your due diligence. If it hasn't been processed as a return in 2 weeks, call CS from whatever company you ordered from, give them the tracking number and once they determine it's in limbo somewhere in the system, QVC definitely and probably most companies, will go ahead and issue your refund.

I also find this to be true. In fact, with the Q, you only need to wait 12 days, then small CS and they will process the refund, since they are able to track it from their end. The key is to take it in to the PO, get it scanned and get your receipt.
Super Contributor

The local post offices have a special bin for Q returns. I am not sure but probably returns to other companies like Eddie Bauer and HSN get put in there too. The packages are picked up every couple of weeks, depending on the location, but the special shipping service (you know, that sloooow service we hate) pickes them up. I asked my local p.o. guy why my package went into a different bin than the others that were in line in front of me, and he explained it all. - Bird

Honored Contributor

I usually use my own postage, making a label on Paypal, and drop it off at the PO.

Once, when I had a really bad cold and didn't have the energy to do that, I just slapped on the prepaid label ..... it's the convenience factor. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

I never have a problem using their prepaid label. I think your mistake was bringing it to UPS. I always bring mine to the post office. I always get a receipt. It is sent out right away, and I normally get my refund in about a week.

Super Contributor

On 6/4/2014 The Bird said:

The local post offices have a special bin for Q returns. I am not sure but probably returns to other companies like Eddie Bauer and HSN get put in there too. The packages are picked up every couple of weeks, depending on the location, but the special shipping service (you know, that sloooow service we hate) pickes them up. I asked my local p.o. guy why my package went into a different bin than the others that were in line in front of me, and he explained it all. - Bird

I don't think they do that in my area. I always get a receipt so I can track my returns and they are sent out right away and I normally get my refund in about a week.

What happens if the post office holds packages for weeks and then it goes over your 30 days to return something. That doesn't make any sense to me that they would do that.

Valued Contributor

Contributor

I have learned the hard way to always take the package into the post office and have it scanned into the system (get a receipt).

Super Contributor

I am frugal and send it back myself, esp lite weight things, cost $3 this last time.