Respected Contributor

Re: Do hosts hand select the products for "their" shows?

Maybe they can select one thing, but the rest--no.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello, JaneneP and welcome. Smiley Happy

I actually don't know. I'm guessing the hosts get to offer some input on what they would like to show, but I think QVC decides most of the lineup. But if I were a QVC host...

Me as a QVC host: On tonight's Beauty Show, we'll be showing Nick's Chavez' Velvet Mesquite Styling Gel, Nick's Traditions Purifying Set, which includes Nick's Traditions Yucca Root Shampoo, Conditioner and Raindrops, Nick's Velvet Mesquite Serum, Nick's Amazon Hair Body Building Spray...... Smiley Happy

*5 minutes later*

Me:......And to end the show, we'll show, we've brought in two new items. Two sets of Nick Chavez Nail Polish Kits.....for 3 hours! Smiley Very Happy

QVC Producer: Um.....what about the other beauty products for the show?

Me: What about them?

QVC Producer: Smiley Indifferent

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

When I watched P.M. Style tonight the Clarisonic Mia 2 TSV duo was getting the hard sell by Shawn and the vendor. QVC has had all night and day to sell that Mia 2 two pack for $200 U.S. so why spend about 20 minutes on it in P.M. Style? They must not have sold very well as a 2 pack, it probably would have sold a lot better as a single for $100.

I bought my daughter a Clarisonic Mia 2 last year in Canada at Shoppers Drug Mart but it was more money and I used my SDM points on the inflated value. It probably would have been a better deal even in U.S. money at $100 if sold as a single unit.

I mean really...who is going to buy a 2 pack to keep one and give one as a gift unless you are buying it for 2 daughters or buying one for yourself and one for your daughter? If you are buying it for the first time or getting a replacement, you aren't going to shell out $200 for two of them at this time of the year.

When I'm watching P.M. Style, I'm watching for fashion like clothes, shoes, and purses, along with jewelry, I'm not watching it for beauty products unless the presentation is short. 20 minutes on the Clarisonic is way too long.

Honored Contributor

The hosts most certainly do pick the product line up for their shows, if they didn't they would be lieing and we all know they would never lie to make a sale.LOL

Valued Contributor

I doubt it.  Shawn said the other day, very unconvincingly, that she 'just had to have the little giant ladder' in her show.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

I think it's like when your kid has to sell something out of a catalog of cr@ppy gifts.  You get to "choose" between wrapping paper, a tin of nuts, overpriced candy,  or candles.  That's what the hosts get to pick for their shows, when they are given a choice.  

LOL - you hit the nail on the head!

"Okay, I'll take the #€¥#%! Flashpad, but then can I have something people might actually WANT, please?"

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@tantallum wrote:

I doubt it.  Shawn said the other day, very unconvincingly, that she 'just had to have the little giant ladder' in her show.  

Ha!  I missed it!  Can you imagine the looks on all the faces at the weekly meeting if Shawn abruptly spoke up and exclaimed that she just had to have that ladder in her show? Somehow I just can't see her doing that.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe it's a ploy to personalize the show that continuously showcases the same products over and over again.  By saying she personally selected the ladder kind of makes one feel that she is in the moment.

Contributor

Yes and no.  There is a group of people called BUYERS and they drive this bus.  Hence the high pressure and high turn over.  QVC is no different from other retailers. When you listen to Angel from Quacker you hear her say how the buyers asked for them to change this and that.  Maybe the hosts should have more say, it seems to me the products they truly pick or have input on sell out or are top sellers.