Frequent Contributor

Do hosts hand select the products for "their" shows?

Shawn is repeatedly saying "she" included this or that in "her" show or "she" asked this guest "to come by".....do hosts actually select the product line up for "their" shows or is this another example of an ego out of check? I mean, come on, she can't possibly be a fashion expert, a beauty expert, a spiritual guru, and now, a producer, too? Just another turn off & instant channel change.......
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do hosts hand select the products for "their" shows?

I believe that they do have some input especially when it comes to the Themed Shows. I also believe that on those themed shows that they do work closely with the buyers. How much influence they have we will never know. 

Regular Contributor

I would have to say no since most host shows miraculously include many of the same products the Q happens to be pushing that month.
Trusted Contributor

I often wondered the same thing. Do they have that much influence or fashion expertise.
Frequent Contributor

Well, Shawn seems to be taking the "credit" for those repetitive products since "she" invites the guests to come by...lol
Honored Contributor

I imagine the hosts don't have much input as to what products they'll be featuring in their shows. I think it depends mostly on 2 factors: selling items that will generate the most profit at a given time, and clearing out excess inventory from the warehouses.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Jill on her home shows is a great one for saying she asked the vendor to "make this" or add something. She makes it sound like she's the buyer, planner, programmer, producer, everything but the cameraman. I take it all with a grain of salt.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Its a NO  for me....all one has to do is look at the Items Recently On Air to see the different Hosts with all the same products throughout the 24 hour period....

There may be one item that they chose...but the others are all the same....

Now what are the odds all the Hosts liking the same products when the Q. has thousands and thousands of items...in their inventory...that never sees the light of day...

Host Picks .....is only a title they give the day ....its a joke...

Respected Contributor

I'm guessing they do have in imput, but it's up to Q to say yay or nay.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I often hear hosts say they were happy to see a certain product in their show. Maybe on occasion they can select a certain item.