Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Think Some Posters Are Paid To Post?🤔

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@this is my nic wrote:

I must say I do wonder about the QVC cheerleaders.  No matter what, they come to the defense of the Q.  

This may already have been suggested, sorry it it has;  I didn't read all the comments.  QVC may or may not pay people to defend the company, however, I believe some hosts would do exactly that.  The mods don't have any problem deleting "unkind" comments, but there are clearly some posters who protect their favorite host/hosts if someone suggests that they are none too thrilled by their job performance.  Nothing but high praise is allowed, and if that isn't forthcoming heaven help the person who has the audacity to state their opinion.  A negative opinion is not bashing! 

@this is my nic.  Depends on how the ‘negative’ opinion is stated. It can be given in an adult way or it can be given in a totally nasty and rude way. But I think everyone knows the difference.

Oh, that I wish that were true, @proudlyfromNJ . I've seen many doozies over the years that were left standing. The idea that "Nothing but high praise is allowed" must describe a different site than this one.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@this is my nic wrote:

I must say I do wonder about the QVC cheerleaders.  No matter what, they come to the defense of the Q.  

This may already have been suggested, sorry it it has;  I didn't read all the comments.  QVC may or may not pay people to defend the company, however, I believe some hosts would do exactly that.  The mods don't have any problem deleting "unkind" comments, but there are clearly some posters who protect their favorite host/hosts if someone suggests that they are none too thrilled by their job performance.  Nothing but high praise is allowed, and if that isn't forthcoming heaven help the person who has the audacity to state their opinion.  A negative opinion is not bashing! 

@this is my nic.  Depends on how the ‘negative’ opinion is stated. It can be given in an adult way or it can be given in a totally nasty and rude way. But I think everyone knows the difference.

Oh, that I wish that were true, @proudlyfromNJ . I've seen many doozies over the years that were left standing. The idea that "Nothing but high praise is allowed" must describe a different site than this one.

@suzyQ3 . I have seen the same things you have. Just being a bit sarcastic with the phrase, everyone knows the difference. Lol. I think they do but don’t care. Just glad I don’t know them.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I do think some posters get paid to post, but not necessarily to push products.  I think some posters get paid to do research.  

There was a recent post from somebody asking how to wear earrings.  I don’t think she didn’t know how to wear earrings, I think she was looking to develop techniques to sell earrings through this research.  I almost responded and then I thought this is ridiculous.  If the poster reads this, and I am wrong I apologize.  Just my opinion.   she’d only posted like 3 times before.  I think research.

there was another poster who was seeking advice on decorating a small rental.  She posted pictures and it was an amazing high rise apt.  I live in a small rental, so I thought I would help out.  She didn’t really need to do much in that gorgeous apartment.  Dozens of people wrote answers, and I kept coming back because I was curious what she did and she never posted again that I saw.  I decided to look at her posting history, and she hadn’t posted for weeks after her initial post.  She’d only posted a few times, and a couple of weeks before her request for help on her new apartment she was asking questions about a garden bench, which would not have been of use in this apartment.  So I think research for marketing products. If the poster reads this, and I am wrong I apologize.  Just my opinion.

these are just some examples.  I have seen others that give me that vibe.

Esteemed Contributor

No, I don't think there are paid posters or community board members here on the QVC boards who are seeding the board with fake positive reviews. This practice is called "astroturfing" or trying to create native and positive reviews that hopefully will grow and go viral on their own like real reviews for good products.

Trusted Contributor

After reading some of the  posts here it is a YES from me. 

Valued Contributor

Yes...it is hard to even give an OPINION!