Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Think Some Posters Are Paid To Post?🤔

I don't think the Q would do that.  If the product doesn't sell - out goes the vendor and I assume vendors take the hit on product markdowns.

I know years ago, there was a vendor - good hairdresser with good products.  But, he got caught having call-ins bragging big time on his products to stir up sales, I guess.  This was when they only had callers - no on-line reviews.  QVC immediately removed him and his products!

Trusted Contributor

No.  There are a few product lines I like here, and I enjoy posting on those forums with those who enjoy the same products I do.

Life is too short to try to change people. I just like to chat with those who have something in common with me. 

Respected Contributor

Yaaayyyyy if they do sign me up !  They could just pay me in store credit - PERFECT.

And, if they don’t they could start.  Great idea !!!

Honored Contributor

On FB and Instagram, you can buy "followers," then it's up to those followers to post or not.  Some public FB page owners do it because they want to appear more influential, important and famous.  This way, brands will want to do business with them and pay them to endorse their products, or just lend their name.  That is typical these days, that's why you can see someone with 75,000 "followers" on FB one day, and then 250,000 the next day. 

But would a reputable company actually pay posters to post, either on this Forum or their own social media pages?  I seriously doubt it. 

For one important reason -- there is always a paper trail (even electronic) where money is concerned.  If someone was paid to post, the scandal would have been identified by now.  As soon as money is involved, someone gets greedy or talkative.  Goodbye to this Forum and even the social media platforms would be severely compromised.  QVC has invested millions in their social media strategy; why risk that by paying posters?

Employees, relatives, business partners secretly posting to try to generate ideas, feedback, push their product, or market research -- now that I believe. 

What about Reviews?  When reviews come from another site, QVC states that it indeed came from another site.  But did QVC pay the other site so they could have those reviews placed on qvc.com?  Did QVC only pay for the positive reviews and not the negative ones (cherry-pick)?  QVC uses the reviews and then totes that ubiquitous "Customer Top Rated" product, to help the pitch for more sales.  So, in a way, were reviews paid for?  I don't know.

Respected Contributor

@cbrite No I don't think posters are hired. But 30 years ago I thought people were staged to call in , and even thought they disquised their voice to make calls.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

@cbrite No I don't think posters are hired. But 30 years ago I thought people were staged to call in , and even thought they disquised their voice to make calls.

LOL @BeccaLou me too!!

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

I must say I do wonder about the QVC cheerleaders.  No matter what, they come to the defense of the Q.  

This may already have been suggested, sorry it it has;  I didn't read all the comments.  QVC may or may not pay people to defend the company, however, I believe some hosts would do exactly that.  The mods don't have any problem deleting "unkind" comments, but there are clearly some posters who protect their favorite host/hosts if someone suggests that they are none too thrilled by their job performance.  Nothing but high praise is allowed, and if that isn't forthcoming heaven help the person who has the audacity to state their opinion.  A negative opinion is not bashing! 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

I must say I do wonder about the QVC cheerleaders.  No matter what, they come to the defense of the Q.  

This may already have been suggested, sorry it it has;  I didn't read all the comments.  QVC may or may not pay people to defend the company, however, I believe some hosts would do exactly that.  The mods don't have any problem deleting "unkind" comments, but there are clearly some posters who protect their favorite host/hosts if someone suggests that they are none too thrilled by their job performance.  Nothing but high praise is allowed, and if that isn't forthcoming heaven help the person who has the audacity to state their opinion.  A negative opinion is not bashing! 

@this is my nic.  Depends on how the ‘negative’ opinion is stated. It can be given in an adult way or it can be given in a totally nasty and rude way. But I think everyone knows the difference.

Respected Contributor

I think those " nasty, rude" comments are deleted very quickly by the mods.  In fact, I have never read a comment that falls into those categories.  The mods get to them almost as soon as they hit the screen. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think not? But, just in case where can I sign up?Smiley LOL