Valued Contributor

Re: Do You Think Some Posters Are Paid To Post?🤔

I believe that since QVC doesn’t require people to have actually purchased products in order to write reviews that the product vendors would be foolish not to take advantage of that and use people to create phony accounts to write fake reviews. However, I don’t believe there are fake contributors in the forums who are here to either defend or shill for the company. I don’t think the company cares too much about what happens on the forums. They’re a wonderful, honest company that doesn’t need to influence its customers in that way. Meanwhile, don’t forget Christmas In July kicks off on June 30 this year! If you type “Christmas In July” in the search bar, you’ll see all the latest products and be able to get a leg up on the best deals!

Honored Contributor

I think we'd be pretty naive to think every review is on the up and up.  Businesses will do almost anything these days to make sales.

Trusted Contributor

IIRC years ago it was determined that some of the testimonital calls were fake - the callers had been hired to call in and management knew about it.  I look at reviews for the negative ones - the positives are of course personal preference or fakes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes

The ones who  are data mining.

OR endorsing products.

They are not beong paid by the Q. IMO

Honored Contributor

QVC, no. Maybe some of the brands have people posting on their behalf.
Trusted Contributor

Definitely! It would be naive to think otherwise. 

Trusted Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Absolutely not!

@stellabystarlight 🤣😂🤣😂🙄

Honored Contributor

When the boards used to have far more posters than they do now, you know, since they became so closely moderated... and when so many of those posters used to be what a few of us called 'the cheerleaders', who seemed to post reguarly, essentially saying that the Q could do no wrong, I used to think some of them were shills... These days, I'm not so sure...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Never crossed my mind nor do I care! 

Related image

Respected Contributor

@cbriteWow, I could recommend that $300 or does it cost $400 Dyson blow dryer.  I'm sure ALL my friends would scramble to buy it, especially if it's highly recommended.  What a crock.  Don't QVC hosts do a good enough job promoting their products.  Now they want outsiders to do it.